• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

GBD Texture Pack

Started by General BlackDragon, June 01, 2008, 06:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Yea, I made a stock texture pack for those of you who hate ugly scions and orange isdf.

http://files.filefront.com/GBD+Texture+Pack7z/;10454347;/fileinfo.html

unzip to addon.

Makes ISDF White instead of orange, and Scions brownish gray/terquise instead of blueish gray/yellow.

*****General BlackDragon*****

VSMIT

Will it break assets if I want to use them in multi?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GSH

Textures aren't asset-checked.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

LOL no texture changes dont do anything to assets. Someone could make an entire shell mod that turns everything clown colors and makes all the ships different colors like cotton candy dispensers. It'd totally be fine in MP :P

oh and i added a bit of description since i dont got any screenies atm :P

VSMIT

The ISDF ones look like you took the team color textures and replaced the c with a 0, and the Scion ones just look friggin' sweet.  But both of them are better than the stock ones, IMO.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

SOME of the ISDF ones were tweaked. The mortar bike is i know, made them have an blue engine thingy and stuff instead of orange. Thought I did that to all, it didn't look good on most so i reverted them.

Red Devil

Looks kinda weird.  Scions are supposed to be yellow and the ISDF orange.
What box???

anomaly

Wow. Sweet.  Very, very nice. Did you ever finish that tech theme shell mod, because I think it would go very well with this.

Just a thought: With the stock textures all the non combat units have a different color from the race's main color.  For isdf its yellow and for scion its orange.  I was thinking maybe a light or medium gray for isdf and a dull gold or brass (almost tan or dark beige) would look good for non combat units.

TheJamsh

lol... you bugger, i use white textures for my isdf race expansion thingy...

and anomaly... you can just take the white scavenger and constructor textures from the file.. i believe the scions have a co0 textures for scavs and buildiers too...

short of that, greyscale it lol. unless youre smart and lucky enough to have photoshop or soemthing

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

Quote from: Red Devil on June 01, 2008, 07:26:34 PM
Looks kinda weird.  Scions are supposed to be yellow and the ISDF orange.

Pay attention to the next issue of BZmag. ;) I'm not going to go in to detail, but you'll find out what the original color for the Scions were. :D
Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

how do you get all this information???

bigbadbogie

lemme think ... connections ... hmm ... orig developers ... hmm
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

only ones i know of are ken and Nathan cant get THAT much info from them can you :S?

VSMIT

General BlackDragon