• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

how do you make new fonts for BZII?

Started by TheJamsh, June 02, 2008, 07:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

how do you make new fonts for BZII?. i noticed GBD did it just cant find a program that properly opens a .bmf file...

not sure how to change my game font

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

anomaly

Couldn't you tell us?

It's not that I really want to know but, just so that the info is here in case someone wants to know at a later time.

Red Devil

What box???

Nielk1

Once I asked Ken how that worked and he said something about taking renders of the letters at different somethings and merging them together. I asked him if he could look into an image to font converter or something, and he said it would be complicated but he might look at it. This was a while ago, back when he did the BZ1 font for BZClassic, which is impossible with that editor as it would come out kinda fuzzy.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Yea. RD gave the link.

And I still have a BZ1 TTF that me and Warfreak made somewhere aruond here...

Warfreak

Only problem with the Fontedit's made fonts is that they are VERY unpredictable...... Hell, my BZ1 font is very, VERY messed up...
(letters too high, low, oh and M is N :P)

General BlackDragon

I think the one I ended up with was good. Just got blurry n bz2s font editor.

Nielk1

I wish Ken could make a nice simple TGA(Folder) to BMF exe, or OM, or anyone else.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Nielk1

I think it may be a special proprietary one for BZ2, but you should be able to get info from Ken, since he is the one who made that font program in the first place (if I remember correctly).

Click on the image...