• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

why dont my panel icons change when i upgrade a building?

Started by TheJamsh, June 05, 2008, 09:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

why do my panel icons not change?

i have a scion Mould that upgrades to a Hearth and both use base slot 6. the mould icon has a little 'M' in it wheras the hearth has an 'H'. even though they are specified in the ODF correctly the icon doesnt change for some reason...

same with a couple of other buildings using the same idea.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Its because Base Slots have their icons defined in the shell cfg file, whereas units have them defined in the unit ODFs. Therefore you cannot define a new icon in a building ODF and have it work. (I tried this in SRV, didnt work until I found that it needs to be defined in a CFG)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Actually, Warfreak was wrong. I pointed out the pb2 feature that he needed and didn't use in SRV just today.

[12:59] Warfreak: the icons are selected by the .cfg included in the install
[12:59] nielk1: thats cause u used the wrong odf command
[12:59] nielk1: btw
[12:59] nielk1: or is this pb4 only, hmm
[13:00] nielk1: PoweredBuildingClass::PanelIcon = "filename.tga"
[13:00] Warfreak: i think thats pb4
[13:00] nielk1: NOT GameObjectClass:UnitIcon
[13:00] nielk1: hmm
[13:00] nielk1: checks change log
[13:01] nielk1: nope
[13:01] nielk1: it was added in pb2
[13:01] Warfreak: -_-

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

im aware of that. i defined panel icon in the ODF file which if im not mistaken will override the CFG (which i tested and it does, hence my P processor icon goes into slot 2)

its only when the buildings are upgraded that the slot doesnt swap its icon to match the ODF of the new building. the 'mould' icon appears but it doesnt change to a 'hearth' icon when i upgraded, same way the nest doesnt swap to hive etc...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.