• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bz2 Unit Icons

Started by Commando, June 06, 2008, 07:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

oh and btw.. what IS 3DE? i wouldnt mind having its DL location as ive got plenty of icons i need to do...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 08, 2008, 10:27:12 PM
Dutchboy's site remains.
There it is.
3DE is the shortened name for 3DExploration, now called DeepExploration, and is used to view and convert mesh files and image files.

Dutch Boy's site has the installers for a great many trial versions of 3DE.  Just remember that these are trials.  After 30 days, they brick themselves, unless you find the one that only bricks itself most of the way.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

They all do NOT brick themselves.

They loose all saving functions.
In other words, you can still edit and screen shot.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Some of them don't even let you render after the thirty days.  And it's kind of hard to edit anything if you can't save it...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

lucky_foot

Here's something funny. :)

I got hired at my present job because I knew how to use 3dExploration. My main tool now a days is Deep Exploration CAD Edition from Right Hemisphere. :D
Jonathan S.

VSMIT

But it's not like 3DE is hard to use anyway.

VSMIT.

Warfreak

Quote from: lucky_foot on June 12, 2008, 06:58:04 AM
I got hired at my present job because I knew how to use 3dExploration.

Another Success story rooted from modding BZ2 :D

Also, my 3DE 1.5 is still working long and well for me (i got it in January i think).

TheJamsh

lol, i believe my sound work may help me get into sound college this year (hopefully or ill end up a bum)

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on June 11, 2008, 10:56:41 PM
Some of them don't even let you render after the thirty days.  And it's kind of hard to edit anything if you can't save it...

VSMIT.

Yes V, but the instructions are to screenshot the model window.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

*waves fish at vsmit*

EDIT: i meant fist  :-D
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Considering that current web sites seem to disappear over the course of time I'd be a safe bet to download all of the 3DEX files while their still available. The side benefit would be useful down the road as if they do disappear then a copy could be available from another modder as seems to be more and more common as BZ2 resources dwindle as most modders have already noticed.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

lucky_foot

I think the worst thing that could happen to the modding world is the disapearance of www.bzscrap.com

Jonathan S.

OvermindDL1

If necessary, I could probably be another BZScrap if it ever went down, assuming I got all the files that is.  My bandwidth allowances would allow BZScrap to fit in it now, unlike before.  It would still be close though, so would still prefer to not to unless needed. :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

i had nightmares connecting to youre site as we discussed OM. the issue is no longer present you may be pleased to know

OvermindDL1

I changed servers. :)
I have also been on them like stink on a monkey anytime there are issues. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey