• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hello all, its been a long time

Started by zathrus, June 09, 2008, 07:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zathrus

Hello everyone,

Wow this is amazing that BZ2 is still alive... and best of all, I recognize many of your nicks.
You probably won't remember the name Zathrus. Most of my BZ2 days my nickname was ShortCircuit.
If you don't remember me you will find my nick in the credits for the Forgotten Enemies expansion pack. Maybe that will jarr your memory :)

I have been playing alot of IL2 sturm 1946, GRAW, Cod4, GTR2 this week we started Grid
Last week I came accross my CD and decided to have a look and there you are.

My ability to visit  will probably be sporadic here for a bit, as I am an admin with a group that is playing all those other games I listed above.
I am going to try and get some of the guys to try BZ2. I am hopeful as several prefer using strategy based game play. Playing strategy hard to maintain if the game is full of "runners & gunners" as is common in war based FPS.

In any case, I would be grateful if someone could email, or post for me what I need to download to get this game to run in WinXP, and of course what expansions I need to play some BZ2 with you guys.

zathrus

OOPs forgot one thing...

Is BZ2 compatible with Win Vista? Just curious, we have people using xp and vista.

Zero Angel

BZ2 should work in Windows XP by default. Not sure about Vista, since Vista hates some games. And some of the new high-end graphics cards  dont have drivers (for any OS) that support old games.

You might have to run the installer (and only the installer) in compatability mode, if it doesnt work as normal.

I recommend you install two different copies of BZ2 into different folders. Patch one to 1.2 if you want to play the bz2 patch where most of the existing players are. And patch the other one to 1.3 if you want to try out the 1.3 beta as well as mods (like Steeeveos Recycler Variant, Fleshstorm, X-Mod, etc) that work in 1.3.

You can get map packs for version 1.2 at: http://www.bz2maps.com
You can find places to download some mods at: http://www.freewebs.com/sub-00/bz2mods.htm

Keep in mind the mods at sub-00's page do not have indicators to say whether they're for version 1.2 or version 1.3 of BZ2. But if you hear of a mod, then you can find out whether its for 1.2 or 1.3 and then use that page to download it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

run the game in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 2 or itll AV as mine frequently does. also run as admin (obviously)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Angstromicus

Axeminister

Use this link to install the newest patch along with the seven G66 mappacks then join me for some G66(MPI) fun.

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battlezone_2_1.3pb3_Install_Guide
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

1.3 Public Beta 4 will work with Vista.  Older versions will too if you run them as an administrator.

OvermindDL1

Quote from: TheJamsh on June 09, 2008, 09:03:24 AM
run the game in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 2 or itll AV as mine frequently does. also run as admin (obviously)
Do not run the game in compatibility mode.  And Patch 1.3pb4 will be out soon, might wait for that, it fixes every known issue with Vista, among many other fixes.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

my game AV's unless i run it in compat mode :S

Angstromicus

Did you try the download above? That might fix the AV's. PB4 comes with that library installer, though.

Wraith

Pb3 works fine on my friends computer and he has vista and xp on it.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

TheJamsh

im pretty sure i already had that but ill give it another go...