• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Little Fun, Have you seen a Gost

Started by shane ward, June 10, 2008, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

shane ward

Thanks, Good to know there are some truthfull people around ;)
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

General BlackDragon

I've seen dead people in game. One time I was out of sync, i sniped my buddy...he fell down and laied there dead for like 5 mins.

*****General BlackDragon*****

The strangest thing that's ever happened to me ingame was in BZ1...  which everyone should know had some of the weirdest lag effects of any game.

I was smoking and out of ammo in a DM and came screaming up to an empty ship.  I was pretty good at hopping out directly into another ship and that was my plan this time.

I hopped out, and missed the empty by a hair, at which point my own supposedly empty ship ran me down and splattered me.  The game had no idea that I was in two places at the same time... guess it decided I should be nowhere for a bit to make up for it.  :)

SO, basically, I was either killed by an empty ship (impossible) or ran myself over (also impossible).

-Av-

mrtwosheds

QuoteSometimes when I play ZST a Turret fires from somewhere else in the map, and I can see the blue Minigun fire coming out of the gun appearing randomly above the center pool
Yes this is the same bug discussed above, it produces sound fx and sprites, its a really annoying to find it on a map you have spent ages sculpting as there is no obvious way to get rid of it. I suspect it will use whatever weapon was first used in the game.

I also seem to recall a very strange game with some guy called Shane Ward... when after some laggy-death catastrophy a "clone" of myself appeared in the game, in a tank and taking some of my command ability's with him, the blighter then proceeded to play very badly warping all over the place and shooting at nothing, while I was stuck time warping back to the same point in a loop...It was quite disturbing to watch my painted clone making a complete mess of things in my own particular style.  :-D

Or maybe there really are two of me  :-o

Zero Angel

Doppelgangers is a common 1.2 bug. I think it happens when a pilot is killed, and then sniped after he is killed. It causes a duplicate version of that pilot to appear in the world. When he moves left, so will his doppelganger, when he jumps his doppelganger will do so as well. its kind of like in Galaga where your ship gets captured and when you rescue it you get an extra ship, except that the extra ship is retarded.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

In PB4 i just saw a ghost.

I was flying over w pass in mpi circle, up on hills, and as i flew off cliff down to go through path, as i was flying down in air, my radar ping showed a red dot, also in air, right behind me. As if an enemy was like 20 meters behind me and followed me off the cliff. When I climbed back up hill, dodging assault tank blasts on the way, and turned around, there was nothing there. not on radar or anything.

After I continued along hilltop I saw it again. This time it came up the hill to me. It turned out to be an APC that wanted to say hellow. I gave him a fair burial :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Feared_1

Quote from: Steeveeo on June 11, 2008, 03:56:04 PM
It wasnt me, 'twas anomaly
Then where did YOU come from? :|

Those "Doppelgangers" are hilarious. You can jump into your ship, run around for a few minutes, and your little pilot clone will end up on some corner of the map desperately trying to follow your exact keystrokes. In 1.1 (I don't know how) the enemy suddenly like had 5 duplicates of himself. It was creepy. They were like separate drones with one mind.

Nielk1

And if you kill the week little clone, if I remember correctly, the real player dies in is cockpit.

VOODOO CLONE!

Click on the image...

Dark Scion Soldier

I was on the IA map Ground Zero and placed that pluto base building(config=pbones00) on a hill near a biometal pool and went down into the building, well the ISDF Bomber apparently targeted me and somehow the day wrecker came THROUGH THE BUILDING even into the tunnel! (where i was at) and landed right on my head!!! shockingly the building collapsed.ARRGH :x
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Dark Scion Soldier on June 23, 2008, 10:01:32 PM
I was on the IA map Ground Zero and placed that pluto base building(config=pbones00) on a hill near a biometal pool and went down into the building, well the ISDF Bomber apparently targeted me and somehow the day wrecker came THROUGH THE BUILDING even into the tunnel! (where i was at) and landed right on my head!!! shockingly the building collapsed.ARRGH :x
Serves you right for not checking the structural integrity of your hiding place before you tried to hide from a bomber :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Dark Scion Soldier

that's what i get for screwing around sigh..i should have spawned a scout and make a tunnel escape.. too bad whenever i try to make a tunnel i bump up to the surface.
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.