• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3pb4 is almost here!

Started by GSH, June 12, 2008, 11:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ego - Nikolas

i love my self, more :)

abaut ziping formats
PPl use *.zip then better users use rars.
Some one will not install pb4 coz of rar or .7z (7-zip)

Im not using .7z (7-zip), maybe i will later.

GSH

1.3pb4 is distributed as a .exe people can just run. Only the modder data (.xsi, .bmp/.pic/.tga) and DLL source are .7z files. You do not need the modder data to play pb4. If you're a modder who really wants the data, then installing 7-zip is free and a good idea. 7-zip compresses things at least 50% better than .zip does.

(And, the main pb3/pb4 installer uses .7z compression internally. All the files are compressed with that in the 43MB exe, decompressed to memory, and written raw to disk or to a .pak file. All of which happens behind your back. I like it that 7Zip handed out a DLL to make such things really easy.)

-- GSH

TheJamsh

this post just MADE my day GSH... its 12 in the morning here in europe and im going to sit up ALL night refrshign this until i get it =]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

its only 9 in the morning here in aus so i will get it while all of you are asleep :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Commando

Its out in about 1.5 hours.  Yes I've been counting down the entire day.

Sad thing is I already have it and I'm counting down.

TheJamsh

"- Ability to replace CD music w/ OGG files"

i was toying of the idea of making a music player for the Escape Sound shell .cfg file whereby you could select an .ogg format track to play, sort of like a very very basic media player intergatrated into the shell...

looks like i dont have to anymore =]

Commando

You can't select the ogg file specificially like you suggest which sucks.

You are also limited to the music files the map .trn file calls.  And you are limited to 11 files.

TheJamsh

okay maybe i WILL make my shell modification then. thanks to GBD's 'over MSN instant shell goon to genius lesson' ive got loads of crazy ideas...

probably why AV's are more frequent atm :D

Quote from: Commando on June 12, 2008, 05:21:59 PM
Its out in about 1.5 hours.  Yes I've been counting down the entire day.

Sad thing is I already have it and I'm counting down.

lol C... when you say 1.5 hours... how long now? GBD reckons its about 6 hours away!

TheJamsh

actually dont worry

I JUST GOT IT =] - theres a secret place to get it! but i will not share because i wish to watch you sufffeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

and also i dont think GSH would be happy... lets just say i had a lucky find

off to play! enjoy waiting hehe!

bigbadbogie

thankyou jamsh - i found it too

GSH - do you mind if i tell the world??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Commando

Yeah, the link hasn't been posted because we are waiting for the pb4 board to go live and the pb3 one to go into archive.  Only a few people can do that.  I don't have admin access so I can't.

Commando

GSH knows people found it, I told him myself, and he wasn't surprised.  If you find it, great.  I don't believe GSH will get mad if you find it.  He literally posted the link to it.

GSH

wug

Also, remember to thank Commando, Red Devil, GreenHeart, and the rest of the grunts who did, well, the grunt work. :-D

The mod guys need to be thanked too, but that can wait until after the mods are released. ;)

Happy hunting!

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: GSH on June 12, 2008, 05:15:40 PM
1.3pb4 is distributed as a .exe people can just run. Only the modder data (.xsi, .bmp/.pic/.tga) and DLL source are .7z files. You do not need the modder data to play pb4. If you're a modder who really wants the data, then installing 7-zip is free and a good idea. 7-zip compresses things at least 50% better than .zip does.

(And, the main pb3/pb4 installer uses .7z compression internally. All the files are compressed with that in the 43MB exe, decompressed to memory, and written raw to disk or to a .pak file. All of which happens behind your back. I like it that 7Zip handed out a DLL to make such things really easy.)

-- GSH

*.exe format thats even better :-),

ty all ppl who we all contribute for new better pach  :-D