• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Virus Alert: Notepad++

Started by Red Devil, June 12, 2008, 12:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

AVG Resident Shield found trojan Horse Vundo.T in Scilexer.DLL in my NotePad++ install whichis on Drive F:

When I run NotePad++, it creates a copy of SciLexer.dll in hidden folder C:\2\Program Files\Notepad++\SciLexer.DLL.

Uninstalling.
What box???

Red Devil

Found this, so it's possibly a false positive.  I uninstalled the previous version and installed version 4.9.2 and AVG no longer detects Scilexer.DLL as a TH.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2077157&forum_id=331753
What box???

Zero Angel

AVG often reports false positives, so do some other antivirus software. The best thing to do is google the antivirus software, affected software and the reported files. Such as "AVG scilexer.dll notepad++"
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

BNG Da BZ Fool

My virus scanner actually flagged a trojan in BZ2ME but it to turned out to be false positive. I guess even virus scanners have bugs too
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

OvermindDL1

Most virus scanners have two modes of scanning.  First they look for viruses from a list, then they do a heuristic search to look for things that kind of look and act like viruses.  AVG has been known for catching the most viruses before any signature for the virus is out due to its heuristic detector (it is the most advanced out for that in other words), however, since it *has* a heuristic detector, some things will inevitably have a false positive, which will be fixed when the program is changed, or it is added to a whitelist by Grisoft themselves (which they will do if you send them a copy of the possible file).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey