• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A Quick Preview of my up and coming mod/recy variant

Started by TheJamsh, June 15, 2008, 06:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

good good :D. once i get all the assets done and balanced (maybe about 3 months tops) ill start releasing betas for testing and see if anyone has any ideas for improvement. id like to get a 'millenium falcon' style engine on that Penetrator... nice long bar (in my dreams).

im having thoughts at the moment as wether to release this as a recycler variant with just the starcraft, or include it with my next mod (which is enormous and will be out towards the end of this year, maybe an xmas pressie!)... what do you all think?

PS, when it comes to betas, ill need help with the .DLL's so that AI can use these during instant games. AIP's i may be able to work out. maybe just modification to the instant.dll... unless theres a 'learn C++ in a day' crash course...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Whats with everyone lately and "Recycler Variants"?

Have I started a craze or something? o_O

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Some of that almost certainly requires DLL... If it doesn't, I NEED to know how you did it. (the big battleships).

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

well tbh, if theres anyway you can get actual buildings to be controlled and moved like vehicles, i will love you. (this is for collision and tap purposes)

Nielk1

Well, I am toying around with it, but it would require DLL.

The Nexus in FE is a building.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

well itd be awesome if you could get it into multi, single and instant modes...

the issue is, i need building terrain style collisions and the 8 tap function, but on a vehicle. and these vehicles to be able to move like those huge starships. its a nightmare. at the moment they use a cleverish scavenger hack to deploy into a powered building.