• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mod conversion, questions for pb4

Started by mrtwosheds, June 15, 2008, 03:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Thought I start a new topic, as I will clearly have allot of questions to ask while converting The Legions Of Skaro to pb4.

Yes I have just copied the whole thing over and am starting to deal with issues.

I am slowly reading the change log!

Previously my extractors had that old issue the scion extractor had, when a scav deploys the (sunken) extractor model is built on top of the pool and then drops down to ground level once completed, was a small ugly issue. Now the same thing happens but the ground comes up to meet the extractor. Big problem.
Any clues as to why this may be and how I might fix it (without redesigning the extractor model)

bigbadbogie

change the scav's setAltitude to 1.5 and see if that helps - thats what i had to do to the qf one
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

adjusting the height of the model and/or setaltitude to match.

*****General BlackDragon*****

mrtwosheds

Its a hoverscav its already set to
setAltitude = 0.875     //Height from the ground

more would look silly.
I see a bit in the changelog about exchanging pools and extractors, presumably this is the source of the behaviour change.
The base part of the extractor is the scion extractor base, with a different texture. as far as I can tell the stock model has not been altered or replaced.

Hmm just removed ownsterrain=1 from odf. will test later.

General BlackDragon

Basically, since your scavenger is 0.875 meters in the air, the extractor is created at that height. So, Adjust the origin of the extractor to accomodate for a scavenger deploying at 0.875 in the air. (move the height of everything up or down by 0.875 in notepad. honestly can't recall wich direction though)

Nielk1

GBD, I tried that with no luck. I will invite you into the beta for my Simple Rec Variant Pack

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

kk. Remind me to fiddle with it tomorrow. Although no promises. As I've learned from modding, sometimes things just dont work  :lol:

bigbadbogie

whats going on n1?

if you need help just ask
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

The stock scion extractor sometimes does it too and spires (in 1.2) I have not seen it in 1.3
It seems to be that the bottom of the model is placed at ground level instead of the root, this now causes the ground to raise, breaking the terrain if its next to a building, the terrain goes down again when the extractor is destroyed.

This conversion is not going to be quick, quite allot of my stuff needs fixing.

mrtwosheds

After a quick dvscav rebuild, putting the dummy root at the base, I conclude the following.

From 1.3 pb4 HoverScavs will build extractors at their setAltitude above the pool ground level, pulling the terrain up to that height.

So I set setAltitude = 0.0
For some reason my scavs still hover at an acceptable height from the ground.

Nielk1

I used a line to align my scav's deployed for to the ground. It makes it build with a tear and snap to the ground afterward.

I can not get the hover heights to work how I want, and items at height 0 do not fall when they are a higher altitude then they should be.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Im guessing that making a pseudo-hoverscav would work better than a real one (ie, invisible tracks).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Quoteand items at height 0 do not fall when they are a higher altitude then they should be.
Yes I noticed that, scavs hovering around at all different heights, quite a cool feature really, if it had been deliberate.

Nielk1

It's a 1.2 bug kept because of how useful it was to making elevators.

Click on the image...