• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mutator Recycler Variant Pack (v1.0) Release

Started by Nielk1, June 21, 2008, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

As chess and Unreal players should know, a mutator is something that changes the rules of the game.

Download:
File Dropper
BZComplex
JTWorld

Instillation:
Extract into your Battlezone II root folder.
Requires 1.3 PB4a

Notes:
To use some of these Recyclers, a custom CFG to see base slots 4 though 9 is suggested. SRV comes with one of these, but it is not yet available for 1.3pb4a. The current CFG was borrowed from SRV, but has issues with the NAV menu. This CFG is in addon\mrvp\ and can be removed any time.

Information:
Scrapper Recycler
Brings the scrap management of Battlezone to the world of Battlezone II. Build Silos, collect loose scrap with hovering scavengers, and turn scrap pools into regenerating scrap fields.

Fat Boy Recycler
Scavengers are replaced with a max of 5 Fat Boys, a new vehicle that is cable of both scavenging and generating its own scrap. These new vehicles are at hefty cost of 40 scrap and make scav defense a an extremely important part of the game. Know that scavs don't run away run following units or gun towers. Because pools are not used, a new unit called a Service Pylon Driller is available. It deploys on biometal pools and converts the resources to armor and ammo.

Merger Recycler
Creates a Recycler of the opposite race on deploy of the main Recylcer. The first Rec is on slot 1 and the 2nd on slot 4.

No Lung Recycler
The Scions use power generators in just like the ISDF. No structures use lungs.

No Power A/B Recycler
Neither side needs lungs or power generators. In the B variant, at least one template P.Gen must be made for the ISDF to build any other structures.

No Extract Recycler
This Recylcer breeds its own scrap. Service pylons can be deployed to make sure of pools.

No Resource A/B Recycler
This Recycler is a combination of the the No Power and the No Extract Recyclers.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Nielk1

Well, I am adding more and more little recs to it. I will have a lot of time to get to it next week, so, I am planning on a week.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

heh.

[Bad Idea]

Paintball Recy

[/Bad Idea]

(Or is it?)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

VSMIT

If you want to make it, go ahead.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Cool...N1 where do you come up with this new stuff?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

I ask ppl.

The Scrapper that started it came partly from the BZC mod as we were talking about regenerating scrap fields.
That and I had a Rec that upgraded to spew loose, but it was unbalanced and kinda glitchy.

The Fat Boy from Steeveeo asking about mobile refineries.

The 4 newest:
No Extractors, No Power, No Lungs, Lungs only came from a chat about slightly changing rules.
The above meaning Rec makes scrap, no power needed, scions get pgens, isdf get lungs.

Click on the image...

Dark Scion Soldier

Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Steeveeo

my favorite has to be the Fury Hoverscav (doesnt look Scion-ish, more Fury-like), it looks more threatening than utility :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Physics are very.. odd on it. Especially around the tail.

Click on the image...

Nielk1

Scrapper
Might need upgraded forms for driller.
Flying scrap should be set to be the size of the loose it makes.
Flying scrap should bounce off of units.

Fat Boy
Seems Good

No Extractor
Seems Good

No Power A
Seems Good

No Power B
Seems Good

No Lungs
Scions might need a larger price reduction since they need a pgen now.

Only Lungs
ISDF lung attachment has not yet started.

No Resource
Not done yet, but will be a simple combo of no extract and no power.

Self Protecting Extractors
Concept Phase

Anyone have any other ideas?

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

I like the whole TA resourcing system, but to dup that would require dll work no doubt. :P

Yours is looking wonderful though, might get some ideas later, brain is pretty well off right now (so many freaking tests...).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

SkyNET

TA was and still is great. :)

I noticed the 'Fat Boy' shares it's name with a certain massive tank in Supreme Commander :P Coincidence?

Nielk1

Blame Steeveeo for suggesting the name...

TA?

EDIT:
BTW, going well, a few more recs planned to be added. It uses some fixes in pb4a so I cant release it until pb4a is out anyway.

Click on the image...

SkyNET