• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Making countermeasure Flares

Started by Steeveeo, June 23, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

As the title says, Im making some countermeasure flares that should deflect incoming missiles when deployed.

However, Faf missiles only redirect toward it if they're pointed within 15 degrees of it.

But, I have seen my fafs, when fired with nothing else around, turn toward my base which was BEHIND me.

So can someone explain to me, how, even though I can set the heat, radar, and image signatures to 1e6 (though I now have it at 4, which is more than an extractor in which it constantly targets), it veers off in some other direction.

Heres the header of my CM Flare, did I miss any values?

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "ioartl00.xsi"
classLabel = "spraymine"
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 150
maxHeat = 1
maxAmmo = 100
unitName = "Flare"
effectHard1 = "Flare"
effectName1 = "cmflare.render"
lifespan = 45
heatSignature = 4.0
imageSignature = 4.0
radarSignature = 4.0
canInteract = 1
candetect = 1
canselect = 0
cancollide = 1

Thanks in advance!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

heatSignature seems a bit low, but you told me you tried 1e6 or something. Maybe too high defaults to zero?

I have to check, but there is a weapon in BZTron that somehow makes other weapons fire follow it, for no apparent reason (I mean ordinance follows it, not even only gameobjects). Maybe spraying a weapon derived from the BZTRON wep I speak of might be better.

Click on the image...

MCurtain with negative ordnance values and zero for vehicle values?

MITS with high ordnance values and zero vehicle values?

Teamfiltered, of course...

-Av-

Nielk1

I still wish we got some sort of master damper class with 1.3 that could be set to toggle or hold or timed and have settings in the image, thermal, and radar area with optional VIR effect.

You can see how that feature request wasn't done, its a bit nutty and would only likely be done by Ken. That and many of Kens changes get partially reversed cause its a faster way of fixing major bugs.

I really wanted to be able to hold a button for ECM and just move and watch the missiles go by.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Even that would probably not work on tag or laser guided missiles.
I have made a repulsor weapon, magnet gun, team filtered enemy ordinance, but it only works if you are facing whatever you want to deflect.

Nielk1

Set a shot angle thing.

Look at jax.
Just know the number it wants is radians, with pi already factored in.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

the puller mine technique will not work, I dont want non-homing ordnance (At-Stabbers and such) being pulled toward it.

N1, did you look into the BZtron thingy?

Nielk1

Not yet, I've been studying for a final.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteSet a shot angle thing.

Look at jax.
Just know the number it wants is radians, with pi already factored in.

I could, but I think it can really only be used effectively if you can see what's about to hit you.

Steeveeo

If only BZ2 had a "Missile Lock" warning, you'd think at least the ISDF would be sensible enough to put that in.

bigbadbogie

Is this the same ISDF who use a huge bomber that goes at like 50 kmph and can be shot down with almost any weapon??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Steeveeo

OK, I revamped the system, now it deflects non-locked seeker missiles well enough (faf, swarmer, and the like), and also redirects Hornets quite well, but it doesnt distract the image-locked missiles like the Shadower.

The question is, should I leave it like that or figure out a way to distract image-locked missile too?

If its the latter, how would I go about doing that exactly?

TheJamsh

you cant distract an image locked missile, thats supposed to be the beauty of it...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I put an image mine in the 1.3 pak awhile back.
What box???