• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Aircraft question

Started by bigbadbogie, June 24, 2008, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Ok - the only way I have found to fix this is to not use the AirCraftFriend/Enemy AI at all. I have to use scout or tank AI.

The units still fight, but they are not even half of what they were.

Any chance of a bug fix GSH??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GreenHeart

Did u try using the ivdrone_c.odf that is released by the mega statue?

As i recall i putting the "defendarea" stuff under the [AirCraftClass] section because i got better results on keeping that unit in the air & also kept the unit in the area it was in until an enemy comes into its engageRange.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

bigbadbogie

DefendArea makes no difference.

Yes I have tried your ship. The reason it didnt seem to land was because it had:
timeUndeploy = 8888888888888888.1 // time to undeploy

It was landing, just incredibly slowly. In pb3 this would not make a difference, but in pb4 all aircraft must land before they can takeoff again.

This is a serious bug... because after they have destroyed their target my ship comes crashing into the ground and either bounces off into space, or blows up.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

if you read the changelog i believe GSH was going to make some vast improvements on the aircraft class but didnt because people were basically bitching at him.

he may get around to revamping it another time mind you...

shame because i really wanted to use aircraft class in my units.

i know that in PB4, theres an option like this:

[CraftClass]
PathingType = -1 // -1 = auto, 0 = Hover, 1 = Walker, 2 = Person, 3 = Tracked, 4 = Flyer
AvoidType = -1 // -1 = auto, 0 = None, 1 = force, 2 = plan

maybe try playing with that if you have to use the scout/tank/other aiNames

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

GSH has put some aircraft improvements into pb4.

QuoteIs there any way to stop an aircraft class unit from redeploying after its target has been destroyed (without dll)??

I want a unit that stays in the air - but using AirCraftFriend/Enemy AI process.

I already have a way to get it to deploy by itself.

Make sure you test this in a proper game, not in the editor, the behaviour seems to be different.
My Dalek aircraft do land after destroying their target, if you have not pressed (7) force morph, if you have they carry on flying about and bombing stuff. They still get stuck on the ground if they go to low though.