• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My first game release

Started by AcneVulgaris, June 25, 2008, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

I'll get them together soon.

If u can't, I will be sure to get an SVG together by somehow getting them into inkscape.

Click on the image...

AcneVulgaris

The folks at Unity were kind enough to give me a 30 day trial of their pro version, which allows me to build real windows packages that don't require a browser, and that, as far as I can tell, don't have the sound bug that crashes them.

I've put a zip up at http://slackerrevolution.com/PickleWars.zip.zip (had trouble renaming, obviously) for those of you having trouble with the browser version.

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 29, 2008, 09:47:37 PM
I'll get them together soon.

If u can't, I will be sure to get an SVG together by somehow getting them into inkscape.

If it's trouble to get those into the other formats, bitmaps that will fit in a 400x400 space are fine. 

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

Sorry for the delay.

Windowed, 1280 Fantastic, could barely move the mouse in the menu.
Windowed, 1280, Fantastic, I could move well in-game.

Controls felt a little different, so i tried auto level off/on, invert mouse off/on until it felt okay.

i dislike the grounding that happens when a pistol-packing pickle blows up nearby.

Mini-map?  :-)

Still a Pickle Padawan..
What box???

AcneVulgaris

I think fantastic gains you little with the primitive artwork included :)  Interesting thing about the menu, though, I'll check it.  Nobody seems to like being stunned...I thought it was so clever.  Clever != fun.

Red Devil

A stunned pickle???  I've seen some stunning pickles before, but never a stunned one.  Now, there was that Italian Gherkin back in '98, now she was a stunner....and then there was...
What box???

Nielk1

Here are the PSDs with SVGs in there as a bonus.
Inkscape (free) should be able to open the SVGs.

http://www.bzcomplex.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/Pickles.zip

Click on the image...

AcneVulgaris

Got them, thanks.  I'll work them in to the GUI when I get some time to work on this.

Steeveeo

I hate to necro this, but out of a slight fit of nostalgia (and nothing to do in a short amount of time), I decided I wanted to play Pickle Panic.

So I boot up the browser, navigate to BZU, Search "Pickle Panic," find the thread, click the link, and what do I find? SITE GONE! Domain Name holding site in the place of my much wanted boredom game!

Anyway, does anyone have the local copy of PP saved somewhere online? Wouldst be most appreciated.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AcneVulgaris

All I have up at the moment is a Mac build...I'll dig it out and do a PC build for you.

AcneVulgaris

Ok it's up...mac and windows versions are available at http://www.humanpoweredgames.com.

Made a few changes...

Disabled the stun and crummy reticule.

Added Nielk1's wonderful artwork to the menu screen.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Red Devil

What box???

Steeveeo

Full Screen and Windowed, 1280x1024, Fantastic. There were a ton of places where the mouse control stuck horribly, autolevelling didnt help, nor did windowed vs. full screen.

Severely noticable in the exact center (by/in the peach craters), and on the side mountains. I dont know if it was a phased type thing or what (I may have just been in those locations when it happened), but it happened, and it makes the game a tad "Nintendo Hard."

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.