• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 Hangs and Crashes

Started by Lunk, June 29, 2008, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Quote from: Lunk on June 29, 2008, 06:47:57 PM
Yeah I do, I'll try downgrading, where can I find old drivers, and how far back should I go?

I hear that anything above 162.67 WHQL Drivers (or somewhere around that) do not work.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Driver: 6.14.11.6218

I can play bz2 flawlessly, as well as Crysis, CoD4, Assasins Creed, Half life 2 (ep2), pretty much anything.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Lunk

Yes! That finally fixed it, thanks a bunch everyone!

Red Devil

what fixed it?  The older drivers or Indeo?
What box???

In_Front

Hey guys, I had the exact same problem as the thread starter had.
My system specs:
AMD Athlon X2 5400+ OC to 3.0GHZ
1GB DDR-1066 ram
7600GT video card

I had all graphic settings on high, all game graphics set on high, latest DX9 driver, latest video card driver, Windows XP SP2, and I had the problem. I tried turning down the graphics, turning off the sky, turning compatibility to windows 95, lowering settings, all to no avail, that is until I came across this thread. Apparently, a simple downgrade for your video card driver is enough to fix it.

My current video card driver was version 175.16 and I downgraded to version 94.24. And to those who are thinking of downgrading their video cards to solve this problem, just remember that nvidia video card driver updates aren't really required (they only fix minor things really). Everything works now! Now for some nostalgic gaming!

Steeveeo

Now if only I could find some older drivers for this 8800GT that will INSTALL

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.