• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Gravity.

Started by mrtwosheds, July 01, 2008, 06:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Found this in the changelog.
[World]
Gravity = 12.5  // default. Reduce for less gravity, etc

Compiles, only minimal testing.

Presumably this can be set when creating a new map.
Can it also be changed for existing maps, if so how?

GSH

Gravity can be set via the following ways. Note: higher #s override earlier ones

1) Insert that line in the map's .trn file. You can edit old map's .trn files, but that'll probably trip the bad assets check in MP.
2) DM (and variants) allow gravity to be tweaked via the pregame Extra Options pages.
3) DLL can adjust gravity on the fly. Any map, any time. (DM DLL uses this to apply the Extra Options value once at initial map load; it or any other DLL can modify gravity every 1/10 of a second)

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

"3) DLL can adjust gravity on the fly. Any map, any time."

THAT sounds like fun, eh Avatar? :D

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Only in c++.

Any word on BS-er's potential scriptor update??
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

BS-er is very busy with M.A.D (i would hope), so any update from him will be some time away.... however, if one of our resident programmers could lend us a hand.......... (you know, make a tutorial, hand out a few tip cards...... etc,)  :wink:

TheJamsh

ah, so i take it all the new things that have been added to the scripUtils (whatever this is) can only work when you program in C++? not in BS-ers scriptor?

the latest version is 1.7a right?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

He just needs to add the options to it (or anyone, I have the source for the dll part around here somewhere, but would still need to edit the parser for the app), not hard, just needs to be done.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Commando

The source code for 1.7a is available on bzscrap for anyone who wants to update it.

TheJamsh

hint hint certain people with programming talent

[cough]Overmind[/cough]

if you have time of course... =]

OvermindDL1

Give me a link so I do not have to hunt it down and I can update it, my next free time is monday.

Commando

This is the latest version on bzscrap.  I know BSer had an update that was compatible with all versions of bz2.  I'm not sure if this is that version or an older version.

http://www.bzscrap.com/downloads/Utilities/dllscriptor/scriptor_dll_code.zip

OvermindDL1

I remember that update, only thing it did was dynamically link to all the functions, which is no issue as I have something that acts identically and is updated, a literal drop-in for scriptutils.h.  I will take a look at that later then, tomorrow is most likely.  I kind of got roped into writing a template based RPC system for a networking library I frequent for the moment (on the plug side, I am learning metaprogramming in C++ at a rather amazing rate).

OvermindDL1

That download link is only part of the source, it is for after the code is compiled to bytecode, also need the part for the interface and compiler.

TheJamsh

i guess you'd have to consult BS-er for that maybe :S

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com