• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 XSI Animation Tutorials

Started by lucky_foot, July 02, 2008, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

I now officially own a copy of 3d Max 6 (legally) and was wondering if anyone can point me to any animation tutorials that BZ2 uses or do they use the default style that the 3d max tutorial book should cover?

Thanks!
Jonathan S.

Nielk1

Well, I can give you the base info you need to know:
Animations Controllers must be changed to TCB (I made this default)
The model should look and align right in game before animating, as pivot changes wreck animation).
Scale Animation is useless, we do not yet know how to vertex animate to make up for this.
Rotation animation should have key frames for position thrown in with those of rotation (hit key button while having rotation frame selected to add a position and scale key).

That's all for now from me.

Last thought:
Ahhh, 6? Good, we can share max files.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

3DS Max Animation Tutorial (No pictures :()

The Community's latest version of the 3DS Max animation tutorial. I know it says its for Max9, but it works for Max6 and over.

General BlackDragon

i can also teach you the ways of the notepad, my yound padawan... :mrgreen:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Warfreak

He PAID for 3DS max, i dont think he will want to learn the free way now.  :lol:

lucky_foot

Knowing all ways would not hurt. ;)

Thanks for all the links guys! It's appreciated!
Jonathan S.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Warfreak on July 02, 2008, 04:29:39 PM
3DS Max Animation Tutorial (No pictures :()

The Community's latest version of the 3DS Max animation tutorial. I know it says its for Max9, but it works for Max6 and over.

If you want pictures posted in that tutorial all you have to do is ask me by sending me a P.M. on either bzu or bzcommand.com

EDIT: Most of the tutorials that were created by the bz2 community that were hosted by bzu are now on bzcommand.com. i have the weapon tutorials & afew others but i haven't posted those yet. If anyone else has any good bz2 modding tutorials they created then please send them my way to be hosted on bzcommand.com.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.