• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

does anyone have anything like this?

Started by TheJamsh, July 04, 2008, 05:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

im looking for a bunch of XSI's for the ISDF if anyone has them...

i need:
an outpost
bunkers
observation tower
fortress gate similar to ZEMOD
command center similar to XMOD
shield bunker with special hardpoint and terminal
missile silo
heavy cannon building similar to XMODs

+ any ISDF vehicle XSI's you got! i got most from the mods... anyone got any others i could use/have?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

yeh i had a gander..

trouble is you see... i have a mod in progress, which uses unauthorised modesl from others mods (mostly ZEMOD and XMOD).

trouble is i just cant make anything, im not good with that and dont have available time to learn how to model. thing is the models im using atm are so good and realistic thats what im after...

id LOVE to have a race just like ZEMOD's isdf race... i think its amazing. unfortunately it isnt going to happen anytime soon...

BNG Da BZ Fool

I kind of know what you mean TJ. I've been modeling for quite some time now and while I have somewhat figured out how to make simple non animated models with good success; I'm still struggling with getting anything with actual animation in to the game. Short of buying Max or SI3D, modeling on a budget is proving to be really discouraging.

Still, GSL is just about the only 3D modeler that I use because it's fairly easy to understand. I've literally made hundreds of models over the past couple of years, but I'd be happy to help make some models for you with my limited knowledge. I can upload them to File Front if you don't mind sharing them with everybody else as I only really make models that are freely available to anyone who wants to use them. Just PM me if you have any questions...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

if you feel like making some thatd be great... and nah i dont mind about people using them... if i ever made anything id let people use it.

im learning blender.. its a very slow process. i can model with a lot of time. i can UV texture map.

but im confused about how to group objects like with heirachys and that, im also wondering if the position of the light has any effect in BZ2. how to name + add hardpoints etc. just a little problem atm.

im using OM's XSI exporter.

VSMIT

You can set the hierarchy and the HP names in notepad after you export it.  And as far as I know, the light and camera don't have an affect on it.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

BNG Da BZ Fool

TJ, how do you view the XSI variant files created by OM's Blender exporter? In the map editor? I've tried using it myself, but neither Threed or 3DEX can actually read the files. I've opened them in Notepad too. Eww, I wonder if I can edited them in Winmerge and copy and paste stuff around to modify them to comply enough to load them in to either of the above listed programs? I still need to finish downloading Xmod so I can take a look at the stuff your interested in using. PS: I believe that I already have the Zemod installed in my 1.2 install.

When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

OvermindDL1

First, the camera and light, as stated above by VSMIT do nothing, those are just for viewing inside of B3D.
Second, hierarchy is exported to the BZ2XSI just as it appears in B3D, so child mesh's of something else will be a child of the other thing in the BZ2XSI as well, nothing special needed.
Third, HP's are done just like in any other modeler for XSI's (BZ2 does not support the standard concept of hp's that other games use, so do it this way), just create a mesh, does not matter what (it will not be rendered), rotate it around as necessary based on the transformation matrix, do not bake it.
Fourth, you can do it in notepad too, but not reason not to.
Fifth, to view it then you need to open it in BZ2 (to just view it quickly make an ODF of a rock of something with the xsi being what was exported, nothing special needed, no special hp's needed for a rock).  The format it exports is more directly how BZ2 reads it, hence it is better for BZ2, but it is not a normal XSI file (as BZ2 technically cannot read a 'correct' xsi file anyway), so you will not be able to open it in anything else, it is very BZ2 specific.  I thought of just exporting directly to the .msh format, but since the script is open to view then it would make it painfully obvious what the format is like and I do not want to release that information, would need to make a binary plugin for B3D if I wish to do that.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

so im assuming the models cannot be opened in threed? fair enough, ill end up with hundreds of problems anyway.

its works ok, but everytime i export i get an issue with materials but i think thats due to me not knowing and fully understanding the anatomy of models yet.

OvermindDL1

BZ2 only supports texture style materials (or materials with no main segment); shader materials, etc... BZ2 does not support (and hence it will not export those).  Good chance something is still screwy with the material export anyway, if you have any testcases then send 'em along.

TheJamsh

will do. does youre exporter triangulate the mesh as well?

OvermindDL1

B3D already does things in triangles, there is no other primitive polygon in it.
Would not matter anyway, BZ2 supports polygon faces with non-3 vertices.

Dianoga4

To link objects to other objects (parenting), select an object, hold down shift and select another object. You can do this with multiple objects. Whatever object you selected last will end up being the parent of the rest that you have selected. Press Ctrl-P and a pop up will ask you if you want to "Make Parent" and then just press OK. Done. You should see a perferated(sp?) line going from the child objects to the parent object. Also if you want to quickly double check, select the parent object and move it around. All the objects that are linked to it should move as well.

To name objects, select and object and press "N". The Transform Properties window should pop up and in the top left corner you will see a small box with OB:. This is the object name. Click the box and rename it whatever you want. You will also notice the Par: box beside it. If that object is linked or parented to another object it will show the name of the parent object.

Hope that helps.

Dia

TheJamsh

@Overmind... it seems that blender supports polygons with 4 vertices as well as 3 and doesnt triangulate them on exporting to direct x format or using the BZ2XSI exporter...

i think Threed only seems to be able to open triangulated meshs. and im sure i heard somewhere that the game only supports triangles also... you may know different.

perhaps that s causing the texture problem? have you tried that file i posted here?

Dianoga4

If you want to change an object to triangles, while in edit mode press Ctrl-T.

Dia