• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ladies & Gentleman, an ISDF submarine that really is an underwater submarine!

Started by TheJamsh, July 08, 2008, 09:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

If you accidently come out of water and you suddenly have zero thrust, how on earth do you get back in? Not meant to? Then what now? You can't sit there all game hoping someone pushes you in :P

Just kill it when it comes on land, but nothing too destructive or the flashy red screen wont go away for a while :P

Nielk1

Well, if aircraft were used for subs it would require an out of water sub be both a hovercraft and have 0 thrust. This system could be better improved to allow for the alternate ODF to be listed in both the under and above water forms, and even an animation and time to switch (for the animation) be possible. Thus, vehicles that act like slow hovercraft on land could be fast ones in the water, and any class could become said hover craft.

Click on the image...

Quote from: Feared_1 on July 14, 2008, 11:45:28 AM
If you accidently come out of water and you suddenly have zero thrust, how on earth do you get back in? Not meant to? Then what now? You can't sit there all game hoping someone pushes you in :P

Just kill it when it comes on land, but nothing too destructive or the flashy red screen wont go away for a while :P

Now that would be funny....   "hey buddy, how about a bump?"   lol

DLL can restrict you to a certain altitude...  just saying...  it could read the water height and restrict any submarines to at or below that.  Trying to get out of the water would just shove you into the ground...

-Av-

OvermindDL1

That would be easy to do.  Just record and check those units when they are created, and when they go above a certain point then apply a downward force, the higher the are then the large the force.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

I like the idea of having 2 forms so that I can do subs that walk to the water then become under water aircraft. I don't know about if they exit the water by the surface instead of the side, perhaps just bounce them back down, or turn them back into the non water form.

Click on the image...

Axeminister

Remember that T.V. series called U.F.O., where the submarine had planes that would shoot out from underwater to engage ufo's in the air? Was long ago. And British I think.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

Thats a good idea. Would stop the aliens from being able to destroy the aircraft carrier so easily.. if it can dive underwater.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

If I turn off the can water damage setting in the tracked vehicle class will my unit be able to crawl along the bottom of any body of water and still fire ordinance at enemy targets? I'm basically looking for an alternate to submarines which seem to be little more then water based APC types.

Also, if subs are based on APC types why would they blow up after leaving the water? The Seadog being one notable exception.

I guess another question would be why can the AI subs follow players out of the water, but not those piloted by a human player. The Seacow always seems to blow up everytime.

Was Time Virus the creator of the ZTV mod?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Feared_1

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

He was trapped by Time's Virus.

No, he's probably one of those people who faded out and are due to return due to that terminal BZ2 disease that pulls people back in.

mrtwosheds

I also heard that TV had trapped him in a Zero Tau stasis chamber, and had given orders to keep him there until a specific (but unknown ) date. We can only guess at what evil these two have planned for our galaxy.