• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Help with mini-mod units?

Started by Nick53, July 17, 2008, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Yea. :)

From what I gather, The mod will work like this: There will be 4 parts. The first release, plain old BZC, will be a TC that turns BZ2 into BZ1 with improvements. The next will be a smaller addon that is BZC:TRO, tacks on the TRO Chinese and BDog races in SP campaigns from that. Then the fun begins with BZC:Extended, a bridging of tech+storyline inbetween BZ1 and BZ2. Then the BZC:Ancients takes you back in time to play as the cthonians.

Atleast, that's what I understand from the gist of it. Av can explain it better...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

And we MIGHT get the BDog Campaign from BZ2ROTBD, not sure. It would likely be like a hybrid of the PC/N64 interface to give the feel of the console without the most annoying limitations.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

And just like that, the next 15 years in our diaries all say waiting for new BZC addon.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nick53

How can I get a factory to build units under sub categorys (like an armory and some factorys in pb4)?

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nick53 on July 21, 2008, 02:22:51 AM
How can I get a factory to build units under sub categorys (like an armory and some factorys in pb4)?

Set it up like this:

(yes this is from SRV)

[FactoryClass]
buildItem1 = "ivmbike_srv"
buildItem2 = "ivmisl_srv"
buildItem3 = "ivtank_srv"
buildItem4 = "ivrckt_srv"
buildItem5 = "ivatank_srv"
buildItem6 = "ivwalk_srv"
buildItem7 = "ivapc_srv"
buildItem8 = "ivbomb_srv"
buildItem9 = "ivmine_srv"

[Buildgroup10]
buildLabel = "Adv. Factory"
buildItem1 = "ivfrecy"

Notice how there is no buildItem10, but there is now a section called BuildGroup10. You can set up any number like this, just dont include the number you want to put a subgroup on (say, item 6), and make a BuildGroup# section filled out like it is above. There can be an additional 10 units in each subgroup, just set them up like the main list under FactoryClass.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nick53

TheJamsh

i remember when i was a nipper modder :) asking all those questions...

ahhh the days!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.