• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZII Online Issue

Started by Power Board, July 06, 2008, 06:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

Ever Since I Got The 1.3 PB Beta 1 I was never able to play on multiplayer.
I have forwarded all my ports but nothing seams to work.
I'm not sure if its my computer or router.

Steeveeo

try pb4 instead of pb1, see if that fixes the issue.

If not, make sure all your firewalls (hardware and software) allow net traffic to bzone.exe.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Quote from: Power Board on July 06, 2008, 06:29:04 PM
Ever Since I Got The 1.3 PB Beta 1 I was never able to play on multiplayer.
I have forwarded all my ports but nothing seams to work.
I'm not sure if its my computer or router.

What do you mean by you can't play? Do you get an error when you click on multiplayer? Can you see/join games?

Like Steeveeeoo (EDIT: Steeveeo* - that's a hard name to type :P ) said, try getting the latest version of Battlezone II (1.3PB4) and double check to make sure you didn't miss any firewalls.

GENERAL MANSON*

Check your modem ports. That was my situation not the router.

Power Board

I have PB4 But nothing seems to change.
I can see the games but i cant join them.
I've checked my router and the ports are as they are meant to be.
My firewalls allow net traffic to bzone.exe

It might just be my computer (got it in 2002)
(I have problems with BZ1 multiplayer as well but since this is a BZ2 Forums I won't talk about them.)

Steeveeo

Are you clicking on red games or white games? By default 1.3pb3 and pb4 show other versions by default as red games, you cannot join games in red because they are a different version than yours.

And if you are clicking on white games, check the password and player columns to make sure the game is not password protected and/or full.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Power Board

I've tried both :(
I allways check Pass/Players.
Don't Know if this pic will help you:

*GEL*Avenger

did you install the 1.3 patch over another patch?

Power Board

Quote from: *GEL*Avenger on July 07, 2008, 03:15:44 PM
did you install the 1.3 patch over another patch?

Nah, I Made A New Folder And Installed BZ2 In It Then Put The Patch in.

Zero Angel

Well, I would try disabling firewalls one at a time to see what the problem is. For your local firewall installed on your machine, you need only turn it off (temporarily) then try running BZ2. For your router/NAT firewall, you need to log onto your NAT, and set your computer as the DMZ computer (all firewalling will be turned off for the computer that is on the DMZ) and then run BZ2.

If that doesnt work, you could disable them BOTH (local firewall off + your computer on the DMZ). And if it still doesnt work then theres an unknown third firewall getting in your way. This might we windows firewall thats still enabled (if you're already using another firewall like zonealarm) or it might be something else like that bothersome UAC in windows vista.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

VSMIT

The Windows firewall shouldn't get in the way, because PB4 automatically fixes the ports on it when you install.  If you're even using the Windows firewall.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GSH

PB4's installer adds an entry to the MS firewall, because it was pretty much a drop-in piece of source code for the installer. That's great for anyone using the MS firewall, but a lot of people use other software firewalls. If there are *easy* to use instructions on how to make other firewalls add an exception from code, I'd be happy to drop that in the installer.

-- GSH