• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Mysterious Disappearing AIP Listings

Started by Steeveeo, July 10, 2008, 06:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Tried to run an MPI game with SRV to test tonight, and what do I find when I try to select the AIPs? Nothing but stock! I've been debugging this for the better part of a half hour so far, and I have found nothing wrong with either my AIPs or the Autoreg files that I can see.

The only place I can access my AIPs is in Instant, which they show no indication of working incorrectly there, yet they do not appear at all in MPI mode!

Can someone take a look at my Autoreg files and AIPs to make sure I didnt misalign them? They seem like they should work perfectly, they are formatted EXACTLY like the stock autoreg AIP listings, and I have found nothing wrong at all.

If they should work fine and do on your end (you being the person who accepts), could you provide a possible reason why they arent working (like a botched Gameprefs setting)?

If someone does accept the help request, PM me and I'll send the mod and autoreg files.

Thanks in advance!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

I do believe autoreg files are needed. Are they in "addon/autoreg" or whatever, same place as stock?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Yes, and they do work for IA...just not for MPI for some unknown reason...

Red Devil

What box???

mrtwosheds

.autoreg....
I just finished work, im tired, and I cant quite figure out what's going on here, I see autoreg files, they look useful, I was using mm5 to swap out whole folders to load my mod and maps, I read the change log, still can't quite figure out how all this fits together in a mod that introduces a new race, which addon/*list*.txt files got deleted? what autoreg files do I need? or should I stick with mm5?

Any of you Geniuses care to supply an explanation suitable for a modder with a current iq of <=2.

Red Devil

MTS, go bed, sleep.  It just allows you to specify which files populate which lists is all.

Steeveeo, do you have something like this?

[AIPList]
ODFName = "Difficult"
Description = "Wug's Level 3 - Difficult AIP"

[IAAIPList]
ODFName = "Difficult"
Description = "Wug's Level 3 - Difficult AIP"
What box???

Steeveeo

Yes, as I said, if anyone wants to help, send a PM and I'll send the latest beta.

Steeveeo

ARG! This is pissing me off! They dont have any typos, its not a Case Sensitivity issue, they match the formatting of the existing ones perfectly, and it doesnt matter WHERE the hell I put it! Original was in Addon/autoreg/SRV Autoreg, moved all the autoregs into Addon/autoreg, still nothing.

Then I tried putting the Autoregs next to the AIPs in the mod folder, on the off chance that it might have worked. NOTHING!

Someone please help me out, Im about to start tearing my hair out...

Steeveeo

O..k...

I had to redo the old Aiplist.txt thing to get it to list my AIPs in MPI.

Someone on the PB4 team may wanna look into this, supposedly Autoregs were supposed to get rid of the need for these.

Red Devil

Maybe it wasn't scanning them because the txt file was being pointed to by the map's .inf file and it was in the search path:

"If map .inf files point to an existing .txt file, then that file is
used. But, if the .txt file is missing or blank, then it'll autoscan
for things."
What box???

Steeveeo

There are no custom maps...

SRV is supposed to work as yet another recycler variant but have the functionality of a mod (how many times do I have to type this sentence?). Therefore, it HAS to work on EVERY (stock) map.

So map infs have nothing to do with this mod at all.

Also, the txt file works, but its not supposed to be used in PB4, as Autoregs are supposed to eliminate the need for them.

EDIT: BTW, Im just gunna make a new thread in the PB4 subforum so I can add this disfunctionality to the list.