• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

look how quick you can progress in blender 3d

Started by TheJamsh, July 12, 2008, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

You didn't set up the parent/child relation. Everything is falling to root because of that.

The HP must be a child of something...

Click on the image...

Nick53

ok, I'll try and work that out?...

does this line in .odf file have anything to do with it?

weaponMask = 00011

TheJamsh

no no

its like a heirachy in the models file. go into the blender OOPS schematic and you should be able to see the heirachy of youre model. you can see how heirachies should be organised by looking at BZII XSI's in Threed.

read the blender turotial on wikipedia about the hat and the simple person. it tells you how to parent objects fairly easily.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dianoga4

So far I've had better luck not parenting anything in Blender. Dunno why but everything seems work without me parenting it so far.

Dia

BNG Da BZ Fool

N53, how are you making your models? I've never seen parts of the model fall off before...fire in the wrong direction yes, but never just fall off. I'm not sure about B3D, but in other modeling applications separate parts of the model need to linked together by gluing them together as either siblings or children of a parent like the main body or turret assembly. This ties them all together along with the hp_points for things like weapons, etc.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

@ Dia, i think it only happens if you add a dummyroot frame, not sure as i havent got anything but a cube into the game yet...

Nick53

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 25, 2008, 06:07:44 AM
read the blender turotial on wikipedia about the hat and the simple person. it tells you how to parent objects fairly easily.

Thanks

Dianoga4

I use the dummyroot option all the time and it seems to work fine.

Nick parenting is fairly easy. Being lazy, I copied this from another post I made explaining it not that long ago....

To link objects to other objects (parenting), select an object, hold down shift and select another object. You can do this with multiple objects. Whatever object you selected last will end up being the parent of the rest that you have selected. Press Ctrl-P and a pop up will ask you if you want to "Make Parent" and then just press OK. Done. You should see a perferated(sp?) line going from the child objects to the parent object. Also if you want to quickly double check, select the parent object and move it around. All the objects that are linked to it should move as well.

To name objects, select and object and press "N". The Transform Properties window should pop up and in the top left corner you will see a small box with OB:. This is the object name. Click the box and rename it whatever you want. You will also notice the Par: box beside it. If that object is linked or parented to another object it will show the name of the parent object.

Hope that helps.

Dia

TheJamsh

ive just moved over to 3DS max 7... OOO working textures =]!

Dianoga4

Well if OM could show us the steps that he used to get the textures to show up with his exporter, I could test the animated textures as well. Just waiting on OM.

Dia

Nick53

Yes, I've got units and hps all sorted just trying to work out the textures...

OvermindDL1

AcneVulgaris

Are any of you making pickles?  I think a person could learn a LOT about blender by striving to make the most militant pickle imaginable.

Feared_1

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on July 26, 2008, 11:04:40 PM
Are any of you making pickles?  I think a person could learn a LOT about blender by striving to make the most militant pickle imaginable.

:lol:

Nielk1

Click on the image...