• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Radiation effects do not work anymore (PB4)

Started by Steeveeo, July 14, 2008, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Well, I just finished porting my nuke over to PB4, changed all the ODFs to work...

Except one thing, the Radiation. Since its spawned via scrapclass, its automatically put on team 0, not damaging anything. This used to work in PB3 but someone requested there be a hardset teamfiltering of team 0 damages or something that prevents things like this from working properly.

This, as you can see, would be a very big problem for the tactics when DMEnhanced (SRV Addon) comes out.

The radiation is based off a flaremine with no ordnance and a 300 meter damage radius.

This problem is also quite related to my last request a while ago about adding a teamfilter to the Flaremine class. As my Anti-Missile shields are CAUSING damage to friendlies, and my radiation is doing NONE, they could really use a teamfilter.

Now, this wouldnt just be a selfish feature request for just MY mod, but it also helps other mod-makers with things like natural hazards on maps and such that they dont want the AI targetting (by having it on an enemy team).

GSH, if you want my nuke set to toy around with and see what can be done about this problem, dont hesitate to ask.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

Here's something to try: Change the explosion from the flaremine itself to an ordinence explosion, then set the flaremine to shoot a series of bullets that instantly expire and have xplExpire = "bla" in them. This should damage things regardless of team, even your allies.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Will try.

But also, my Kamekazi ships had to be made PlayerOnly because AI were not blowing themselves up with the Explode button (which drops a daywrecker class that is supposed to kill the ship). This worked back in PB3, but now the AI just keeps hitting the explode button shredding the enemy base before finally being killed, hence why they are now PlayerOnly empties. Could someone take out the AI suicide protection?  I have no idea why this would be taken out in the first place, since it takes out modding flexibility and also some tactics to get some vehicles with splash damage to kill themselves (viable tactic mind you)...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

What box???

Commando

Noone made a request hard-coding the scrap to team 0.  That change was made because bz2 could literally freeze, due to getting into an infinite loop, if improper scrap objects were used.

General BlackDragon

the hadean kami ship uses the same method i mentioned above :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

lucky_foot

Which reminds me (without de-railing the topic), you know how much I hate those Hadean crazy ships! Are they even piloted or they drones? :D

Jonathan S.