• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Performance hits: Mem leak bug with specific hardware?

Started by Belix, July 16, 2008, 11:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belix

Quote from: Red Devil on July 20, 2008, 05:15:46 PM
What are your settings in render.cfg set to?
All of these have been left alone at the defaults across all (re)installations so far. Any recommendations for changes to try?

I just got out of pb1 and found the same issue, so I think it's safe to assume I'll have it across all 1.3 versions. I wish I could confirm that it's in 1.1 or 1.2 as well, but since I can't seem to get it working without the 1.3 patch, I'm kind of stuck there (I had never played this off a plain CD install before honestly, I got it over half a year ago, Googled for patches while I was waiting on the delivery, and found the 1.3 patch - bug and performance fixes are always welcome, downloaded it and installed it before I ever played it. So, I had no idea it didn't work right off the CD on this system. Good thing I found 1.3 or I probably would have sent it back - woulda missed out on a classic).

technoid

Have you already tried changing the graphics card in the problem machine?   

Belix

Not yet, but I'm trying to get my paws on one for awhile to test it out. I've got the exact same videocard in the other system and can't swap with the laptop of course.

If I can't get ahold of any older cards to borrow and test with, may as well buy a new one... is ATI generally better with regards to not breaking older games? Thanks!

Red Devil

There's been/are problems with the newer nVidia card drivers and my newish ATI card makes the screen turn black when I tab out/back into a game, but it renders everything nicely with the latest drivers.
What box???

I have a GForce 6800 and some time back found that the absolute latest drivers caused BZ2 to stutter to a halt after playing for 15-20 minutes.   The length of time it took to die seemed somewhat linked to activity, as sitting and watching the terrain kept me going longer than building up a base.

Dropping back a few drivers fixed the issue.  I'm still running the 6.14.0011.6375 drivers, which was the highest build at the time that didn't have the issue.

So, going forward a driver set or back a few might fix the issue for you...

-Av-

TheJamsh

they dont really make a noticable difference anyway between drivers... not that ive seen...

if anyone has a driver that works with the geForce 7600 LE and supports DXT's and bumpmapping PLEASE let me know... the game looks far better with those on... but my PC dies a death pretty quick...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.