• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My "minimod"

Started by Mauler_Bait, July 04, 2008, 06:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 07, 2008, 05:19:01 PM
1- Almost all users are in America and are asleep by the time I am modding.

Odd, I've met several nice Australians (something I thought imposable after BBB) in the 1.3 IRC room.

Don't take that personally, I'm just being mean.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

My 'not-niceness' is not a result of being an Australian, more a result of being insane!!!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Mauler_Bait

Nahh comps pretty reliable so i doubt id crash on me, and most of the stuff ive done short of the weapons i personally made can be redone if a few weeks from scratch :)

Mauler_Bait

Im still cleaning up all the .odfs...thers lots of "Leftovers" from failed experiments :) But i have another question...how do you get a new AIP set to show up in the opions menu before you start an instant action game? I wanted to get one of the standard ones and mod it a bit to use some of my extra units and use some different attackers. (such as blast sabres, and a few destroyers and such...)

Steeveeo

Assuming this is for PB4.

Make some new files (one for each set) titled aip_<name>.autoreg, and fill it out like this:

aip_srvdifficult.autoreg

[AIPList]
ODFName = "SRVdifficult"
Description = "SRV: Lv.4 Hard"

[IAAIPList]
ODFName = "SRVdifficult"
Description = "SRV: Lv.4 Hard"

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Mauler_Bait

Ok cool....Now i have a question for YOU Mr .odf MASTA :P Is it possible to have a non spraybomb class weapon spawn weapons? Ex. would be a Frag missile that went off with small explosion and fired shrapnel into nearby ships. And is it possible to have it fire them even if it hits a ship? And if not can an explosion be modded to do it?

General BlackDragon

sounds just like a spraybomb, and yes spraybombs can be made to go off when hitting an enemy ship/building/person in pb4

*****General BlackDragon*****

Mauler_Bait

no i man a NON spraybomb class like Thermalmissile or something

Steeveeo

Do not think so, I think you could probably fake it by making it fly really fast (so the arc is really long instead of tall like a mortar). Probably kill the balance though.

BTW whats the point of shrapnel when you have explosion damage? If you want the look of shrapnel, thats easy, just use some really fast moving sim_ember effects with smokey trails that die out almost instantaneously (only living long enough to go to the edge of the blast radius)

Mauler_Bait

Im not very good with explosion renders...im JUST getting the hang of weapons renders and muzzle flashes and such.....It wasnt just a frag missile i was after, i had another weapon in mind. It would be a missile that could be command detonated and spawn smaller homing missiles

TheJamsh

no its not possible.

ive tried making a flak cannon for my mod... itd be a shell that explodes a certain distance in the air and sends shrapnel everywhere..

you can change the height of the spraybomb class things, but its just not the same..

instead i use the xplExpire = "_____" odf flag so that when the shell reaches the end of its like it performs that explosion. the explosion has a nice 'shrapnel' effect but all it does is just damage the things surrounding it. (damage radius is high)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Mauler_Bait on July 13, 2008, 11:03:05 PM
Im not very good with explosion renders...im JUST getting the hang of weapons renders and muzzle flashes and such.....It wasnt just a frag missile i was after, i had another weapon in mind. It would be a missile that could be command detonated and spawn smaller homing missiles
Check out SRV (my mod) for some decently overblown explosions. Also has a flak cannon in the lastest version that you can use as a base or just plain-old use.