• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does any one have any feedback on using Lightwave?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, July 24, 2008, 03:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I've had a version 8.5 demo installation on my system for quite some time now, but never really thought much about using until quite recently. Anyways, I started using it and it looks fairly easy to learn. 3DEX 1.5.0 easily reads the LW files it saves in by default. It also exports to 3DS, OBJ, and quite a few other formats as well. I made my first model using it and it seems easier to use then Blender. I'm still just getting started with it, but would appreciate any feedback from other modelers that have used it in the past or presently. Tanks BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

I think spAce would be best to contact about it, he uses lightwave.

*****General BlackDragon*****

lucky_foot

The Shree race was designed with Lightwave by my brother Timothy. Our method was him using lightwave to make the model, I take the .lwo file and use Deep Exploration to convert it to .3ds and the import it in to Milkshape 3D 1.7.6 and then export it with OM's XSI Exporter.

Jonathan S.

Warfreak

Quote from: lucky_foot on July 25, 2008, 06:07:58 AM
Milkshape 3D---------------OM's XSI Exporter.

Thought he only made one for Blender.

OvermindDL1

I made one for M3D too (I like C++ better then python), but it is a few versions out of date now.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

BNG Da BZ Fool

Does the Milkshape XSI exporter handle animation okay? Most of the current XSI exporters I've seen handle the current version of SI's XSI okay, but can't seem to produce a compatible version for BZII. To make matters worst the X version compatible with BZII no longer exists as far as my searching can determine.

I've gotten X objects into the game using the X exporter that comes with GSL, but even it does not display right ingame, i.e., only the first object of a mutiple object model appears also there's no texture either.

The version 8.5 Lightwave that I have is the discovery editon, but most of the features seems to be active with some exceptions of course. Making models and saving them is fully active, but only LWO, 3DS, and OBJ formats are available for importing objects.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

OvermindDL1

MS3D only supports bone animations, and as I recall that was 'implemented', but not working, remember, I still have really yet to get anyone who knows the xsi format well to help me...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey