• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Most horrific Bugs Ever Thread

Started by General BlackDragon, July 24, 2008, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

I decided to start a little thread where modders can share their most emberressing/biggest/worst bugs they've ever made.

I think I automatically win this one...with a Bug I accidnely introduced into BZC for the past year. I'm fairly sure I've fixed it just now, the 3rd time...

In 1.3, there is a chat lobby, much like BZ1's lobby. For BZC, I made this in the main multiplayer page and not hidden like in stock BZ2.

Basic Description of Bug: When Ever a player hit the "multiplayer" button, or was in the multiplayer screen and then left, all BZC games in progress would AV.

Yes. I made a bug that kills multiplayer for an entire game at the touch of one button.

So, who's next?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Not...quite as extreme as THAT, but...

I was making a custom bomber bay for SRV, ibbomb_st, and I thought I had it all setup correctly, however, whenever it was placed (in the editor or by constructor), the game would AV with a very long an undecipherable AV log.

Two days of scrambling around my assets, looking for the problem (and finding none that were in plain sight) later, I had found the cause.

Turns out, I had told it to spawn iBbomb_st instead of iVbomb!_st! So, basically, it AV'd because it was trying to spawn a building on top of itself, and that building (if successfully spawned), would try to spawn ANOTHER building on top of it!

Needless to say I did a combination *facepalm*/*headdesk* for the next 15 minutes...

I know it doesnt SOUND like much, its just how long I searched for the PROBLEM that was embarrasing. :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Oh god.. where can I start??

Ok. A few days ago I was testing a QF mission and ran into a dll problem ingame. I looked through the entire section of script and couldn't seem to find what the hell was wrong. I ended up redoing over 200 lines of script in a completely different way with the same result as before; it still didn't bloody work!!!

It turned out that a variable that was supposed to be increased by a variety of routines was set to 1, instead of 0. And that was the entire f**king problem!!!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

shane ward

Me, Making a mission that overwrites the stock assets and causes people to leave multiplayer with bad assets!. Must be the worst one out therere  :evil:

shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Steeveeo

Quote from: shane ward on July 25, 2008, 04:58:15 AM
Me, Making a mission that overwrites the stock assets and causes people to leave multiplayer with bad assets!. Must be the worst one out therere  :evil:

shane
I think GBDs was a bit worse :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: General BlackDragon on July 24, 2008, 09:01:49 PM
I'm fairly sure I've fixed it just now, the 3rd time...

Okay, NOW I'm fairly sure i've fixed it. (Yes, It came back a 4th time)

So, 4th time's the charm?

General BlackDragon

Nope...

Screw it, I'm smacking it with a big hammer.

Feared_1

Man that would be horrible (GBD). At least people can figure how many times Multiplayer is clicked throughout the day. :)

General BlackDragon

I hope people don't like the "Next" button in the end game scores screen too much. :)