• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sorta OT, Machines, Anarchy and Destruction progress

Started by BS-er, March 15, 2008, 02:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Any game can be pirated, heck even Pay-per-use games can be (there are WoW private servers around now after all), and it is unlikely you would be using VAC unless your game is using the Source engine. :P

There are ways to work around it though, and some easy, secure, and very difficult to hack (not to mention can be changed with each patch easily) ways if you do not mind requiring the Internet to run it.

Steam is just a distributor, no more nor less secure then any other place, and once one person has it they can distribute it all they wish, hence you still need 'protection' of some sort, and Steam let's you bind information to Steam accounts (the SteamWorks SDK makes this rather easy) to help that along.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

If you make it a Steam Game you can add achievements.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Nope, making it a Steam game does not let you add Steam type achievements, but you can do them yourselves.  However, adding in the Steamworks SDK lets you do things like add in Steam style achievements (including recording them into your public profile if the game so wanted), Steam networking browser, and a ton of others things, and you only pick and choose what you want, you could just use one part of the SDK if you wanted, it is very well designed.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

BS-er

Just to show that we do have some unit variety, and even water now:

We'll have a demo in the next few months.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Russian Roulette

You officially have me drooling, what engine are you using? Or are you not allowed to say?

anyhoo the game looks amazing, I will definitely get this one!

Keep up the g00d work!
||||||           O

AcneVulgaris

I really like the watercolor look it has...reminds me of Heavy Metal comics.

Russian Roulette

speaking about comics, doesn't that pic look like a highres drawing?  :-o
is that on purpose cause it looks really cool.

OvermindDL1

Russian Roulette

I wish I could write that well, I would be decades ahead of progress in my game.

Steeveeo

BTW, though everything in that picture looks awesome, what I remember from the last video posted was that the explosions looked kinda lame, is this fixed now?

On a related note, can we see another action video? :D

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Russian Roulette on July 29, 2008, 12:06:07 PM
speaking about comics, doesn't that pic look like a highres drawing?  :-o
is that on purpose cause it looks really cool.

Imagine how cool it will be with all that stuff roaring around, venting anarchy and destruction!