• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

On Thin Ice Problem

Started by jerrycurl, July 05, 2008, 04:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrycurl

Hi,
I am using Vista with the 1.3PB4 patch.It worked great until the ending cut scene of On Thin Ice.I sent the transport to the dustoff site and when it got there,it went to the dropship,touched the near side of it,stopped and nothing else happened.The mission doesn't end.I've retried from the last save,but with the same result.Any help?Thanks

squirrelof09

I have heard of many problems with this mission..... If the forums weren't deleted I would pull up the article of previous problems...

Maybe soemone else knows ..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Steeveeo

SP was not fixed for the PB4 patch, therefor it will be quite broken.

If you want to play the Single Player campaign in full, try the 1.3pb3 patch.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Warfreak

Quote from: Steeveeo on July 05, 2008, 05:28:11 PM
SP was not fixed for the PB4 patch

Quite true, but I THINK GSH fixed it for pb4a this time around, as the beta team had to go into the sp missions to check for "other" problems...

GENERAL MANSON*

Jsut ctrl ~ to pull up console and type game.cheat bzwinner to get by.

Feared_1

Quote from: GENERAL MANSON* on July 06, 2008, 08:45:53 PM
Jsut ctrl ~ to pull up console and type game.cheat bzwinner to get by.

Only if the world happens to end while you're playing.

GSH

There have been testers who've occasionally gone thru the SP missions in pb4 betas. On Thin Ice has been a very problematic mission from the beginning -- if you don't follow all the steps, exactly, things could go awry w/o feedback. I know I yanked the "recycler on ice" maze puzzle from the DLL early in 1.3.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

I liked that maze puzzle, was easy if u follow radar :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

OvermindDL1

All I did was hit the nav key and just watched where the outline was as I pointed, if the ground was not real there then it was a 'bad' place to take the recy, quite easy. :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

Radar and right angles for me.

Click on the image...

Der Vampyr Engel

Just tested that mission and can confirm whether the dropship doors are open or shut the transport doesn't go in, oh yes and I did do the blowing up of the Forge so I could get a base established as this mission seems to have reverted back to to the sudden massive Scion forces over build up

Axeminister

Wow, I made it through this mission when I tested it. I'll test it again.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

jack_soundcraft

I had the same prob in 1.2 a long time ago . The only thing i could think of was i balked on rec. placement at the beginning .It may help. :?