• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

High arcing artillery

Started by Dianoga4, August 04, 2008, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianoga4

Hey guys, I've been trying to get an artillery gun tower I made shoot a high arc like the archers do but so far I've had no luck. I tried copying the artillteryclass from the archer to my turret and still it shoots like a normal mortar. Also I want it to be able to shoot at me when I'm hiding behind something. Right now if I hide behind something it will stop shooting unlike the archer that keeps shooting.

Dia

Dianoga4

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would add another question to this one.

I'm doing a recycler variant type mod. Is it possible to change the scrap objects (the drops of biometal that are left on the ground) to another shape that I made? Also I know there was a tutorial that showed how to change the color of the biometal pools but I think that was when you were creating a custom map. I'm not really interested in creating any maps for my mod right now but was wondering if I could still change the color. I can't seem to find that tutorial anymore either.

Thanks, any info is much appreciated.

Dia

General BlackDragon

try these in 1.3?

GunTowerProcessCheckCantHit = false // true: retarget if intended victim can't be hit (only if GunTowerProcess is in use)

MinWeaponPitch = 0.5 // For turretcraft/turrettank (i.e. GunTower/GunSpire/turret)

Taken from ibmtow, the mortar tower. I know that one behaves like you want.

Also, in 1.3, add this to your odfs:

scrapClass1 = "odfname"
scrapClass2 = "odfname"
scrapClass3 = "odfname"

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Dianoga4 on August 04, 2008, 04:45:57 PM
Hey guys, I've been trying to get an artillery gun tower I made shoot a high arc like the archers do but so far I've had no luck. I tried copying the artillteryclass from the archer to my turret and still it shoots like a normal mortar. Also I want it to be able to shoot at me when I'm hiding behind something. Right now if I hide behind something it will stop shooting unlike the archer that keeps shooting.

Dia

Post up the ODF contents...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dianoga4

Yea sorry, it is in 1.3 pb4. I tried both of those and nothing seemed to change unless I was putting them in the wrong spot.

Are those scrapClass entries so you can have multiple sizes of "chunks"? I'll give that a shot next.

Here is the ODF for the turret. I mostly just copied the gun tower. I couldn't find that mortar tower you were talking about GBD. I even tried the same weapon that the archers use and no difference. I tried the Artillery class like the archer has as well and it didn't change anything.

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "ibgcomet.xsi"
geometryScale = .01
classLabel = "turret"
collisionRadius = 10.0
scrapCost = 50
scrapValue = 3
maxHealth = 5000
maxAmmo = 10000 // 0 is *not* treated as infinite ammo!
unitName = "Comet Turret"
aiName = "GunTowerFriend"
aiName2 = "GunTowerEnemy"
heatSignature = 2.0
imageSignature = 1.0
radarSignature = 1.0
isAssault = 1

armorClass = H

requireCount = 1
requireName1 = "ibcbun"
requireText1 = "Build Relay Bunk"

provideCount = 1
provideName1 = "ibgtow"

weaponMask = 00011
weaponHard1 = "hp_mortar_1"
weaponName1 = "gsartill"
weaponAssault1 = 0

lightHard1 = "hp_light"
lightName1 = "spotwhite"

turretCount = 4
turretName1 = "turret_y"
turretName2 = "turret_X"
turretName3 = "hp_light"
turretName4 = "hp_eyepoint"

[BuildingClass]
soundAmbient = "igtow01.wav"

[CraftClass]
rangeScan = 300
periodScan = 0.0
velocJam = 0.0
weaponPitch = 1.5
steerFactor = 0.5
engageRange = 200

[TurretCraftClass]
omegaTurret = 2.0
detectRange = 250

bigbadbogie

Try the following:

change:

aiName = "GunTowerFriend"
aiName2 = "GunTowerEnemy"

to:

aiName = "AttachOffensive"
aiName2 = "AttachOffensive"

and add this under [CraftClass]:

attackTask = "ArtlAttack"
subAttackTask = "ArtlSubAttack"
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dianoga4

Wow that did it man, thanks a ton!

And I got the scrap thing working good, thanks again!

Dia

Dianoga4

I guess I have one more small question about this, how do you determine how high the shots go in the air? I thought it might've been weapon pitch but it didn't change anything. Thanks!

Dia

Zero Angel

Increase the shotSpeed on the ordnance you're firing
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Dianoga4

Thanks alot! That's what I was looking for.

Dia

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'm not sure, but believe there's an example for an artillery type tower in the G66 mod. As I recall it worked very nicely at keeping enemies away from your own base with serveral of them deployed on the perimeters.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Dianoga4

Well thanks to these guys help I got it working pretty decently. It will take some tweaking to balance it out but that was to be expected.

Thought I would post a picture up of a couple of the turrets I have working pretty well so far. The red one is the artillery one called a Comet Turret. The variety of colors is because of the game I am basing my mod off of (Project Visitor). In that game there is 4 separate corporations with there own colors.

Dia

anomaly

Did you make those textures yourself? If so, they're well made and fit the model perfectly.

Yes, with the exception of the "hello kitty" on the yellow one they're beautiful...  :)

-Av-

Dianoga4

I can't take the credit for those ones, but I had planned on re-texturing those because those are the actualy art files from the other game I help out with. I've done alot of re-texturing for the other game plus made a few models for it so I have some artwork of my own finished already which I will be adding. The hello kitty logo is the corp logo for one corporation :)

Dia