• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4a Bugs

Started by Zero Angel, August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Red, you have bump mapping enabled in the graphics options?  I got that issue along with others when enabling bump mapping.

Red Spot

Yes I have. It seems it also causes some ships to not show their skin/body when in the recy equipmentmenu, but I recall having mentioned that (somewhere) before ..
I'll try to take a screenshot of it tomorrow, they speak beter english than I do :D
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Machine

People drop out from games constantly, even with fibre connections and low pings. I see someone dropping out once in every ~3 minutes, so something is badly wrong indeed.

Otherwise it's more stable than any other patch. I have not spotted game ruining warp yet.
The gameplay would be more interesting if ships could resist falling down much longer, like in the original Battlezone pc title.
Automatic leveling should be toggled off by default. It takes a lot frustration before a newcomer hears that it is possible to play more dexterously, dynamicly and more comfortably by turning it off. It's a simple fact that a player sucks in online games if he has it on.

I look forward to next update. It's starting to look functional.  

Mr X

In an MPI the other day, my assault avenger wouldn't reload at the service bay.

I don't know if this extends to any other vehicles, so maybe someone should check them all.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Commando

The Assault Avenger and Assault Sabre need the Assault Bay to reload.  They will not get ammo at the Service Bay unless you change their weapons.

Red Spot

http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/BZ2.JPG

Checked several recy's, stock, GreenHeart and Commando. All have this problem when bumpmapping is enabled.

A question on the side if you dont mind. I drew a red circle around the 'low-FPS' counter in the topleft corner of the screenshots. What does that exactly mean and how is it affected? It used to be a 20 usually so it did some tweaking so the game should drop features fairly quickly if FPS goes at least below ~52FPS, but now the low-FPS is as high as the actual FPS but again drops to 1FPS when I take a screenshot ...
Usually my FPS stays at 60 unless I unleash a bunch of APCs at once and on screen or when I have some massive endgame assault in MPI, and than it ussually doesnt even drop below 40FPS.
(Sorry for the offtopic questions, I know this is probably more performance tweaking than bugreporting.)

Edit: Also the following which I havent seen in MP.
First sceenshot, with bumpmapping on:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/bz2_0005.jpg

Second screenshot, taken 2sec after the first, bumpmapping off:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/bz2_0006.jpg
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

AHadley

I think most people around here get bumpmapping problems, it's down to the fact that our graphics cards don't support it. There was one old one at the time BZ2 came out, but I don't think it's supported any longer.

I've found a bug too. Me and my brother were playing strat across a LAN, and he kept receiving server over messages while I was changing the settings. When we eventually did load up, we were on opposite teams in the same place on the map, and neither of us could see the other, as though we were on two different maps.

Steeveeo

Heh, sounds like you both went into your own little worlds :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Mr X

I noticed earlier that assault spires weren't attacking enemy buildings,

is this intentional?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Commando

Gun towers seem to do the same.

Steeveeo

SRV Guntowers still attack buildings, and they still use the same AI processes as the 1.3pb3 versions, so maybe pb4a switched them around?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

VSMIT

Somehow I don't think that Gun Towers were designed to attack bases... :-P

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

gun towers apparently need to be shot before they shoot anything. annoying as hell.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

No, they work beautifully when I 'defend' an enemy's extractor for them.  :evil:

sabrebattletank

my favorite way to kill a recycler is still to recycle it, but gting is second