• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

i know this was discussed years ago but...

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, August 07, 2008, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

GSH do you think in pb51.3 you think you could add the bz2 music to play without the cd?

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Zero Angel

I think he's talking about the in-game music that's stored as audio tracks on the BZ2 CD.

Doesnt sound feasable, one would have to rip the tracks to OGG, and that would make the PB3 installer by several megabytes (like over 35, for half-decent sound quality).
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

GSH

You can self-rip the BZ2 CD tracks to .ogg, name them correctly, and place them under the addon folder, and they're used in 1.3pb4/pb4a. Read the changelog.txt, about line 4000 - just after b71u 's release.

-- GSH

Nielk1

I think GBD utilized this for BZC. The changelog limits it to a certain number, but I had it go over that.

Click on the image...

Commando

The map determines which audio tracks play which sucks and yes, you are limited to 11 maybe a few more.

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: GSH on August 07, 2008, 10:54:52 PM
You can self-rip the BZ2 CD tracks to .ogg, name them correctly, and place them under the addon folder, and they're used in 1.3pb4/pb4a. Read the changelog.txt, about line 4000 - just after b71u 's release.

-- GSH

How do i do that?

OvermindDL1

GENERAL MANSON*

Could you tell me how to trasfer them do ogg using the program? I have them on my key, hd and a cd.

OvermindDL1

That program can take input audio, whether from cd audio tracks or audio files, and it will convert it to the format specified in its options, just choose OGG, high quality format preferably.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on August 15, 2008, 08:52:43 PM
That program can take input audio, whether from cd audio tracks or audio files, and it will convert it to the format specified in its options, just choose OGG, high quality format preferably.

Anything else?

TheJamsh

goldwave can open the file and save it as an .ogg file. its also a great audio editor

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

Audacity is better, well, CoolEditPro/WhateverAdobeCallsItNow is yet even better.  But he is not wanting to edit, just convert, and CDex rules with that since it can do it in bulk in basically any format putting in all necessary tags (which the program goldwave cannot do) and so forth.

Zero Angel

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 21, 2008, 03:01:35 AM
goldwave can open the file and save it as an .ogg file. its also a great audio editor
Goldwave is a damn fine audio editor. It does single-track editing really well. For multi-track stuff, I like Audacity a lot. :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

OvermindDL1

I prefer Cool Edit Pro.  I still own a copy of their latest version before they were bought out by Adobe (which became Adobe's audio program, kep the interface, has like one new capability since they bought it out, it was already just about perfect for anything less then $5k, still far outdoes Audacity and Goldwave, and CEP sold for $30, now Adobe sells the exact same thing for $400...).

I usually end up having to do multi-track anyway, editing a single-track is too restrictive, usually better to cut it up, although I usually had to do more of the advanced stuff anyway.  One of my first jobs was working in a recording studio, I was one of two that did digital sound mastering, got quite good at it.