• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Uler for PB4a

Started by Red Devil, August 12, 2008, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

All 3 relics are originally set to 8000 health.  What do you recommend?  16000?
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Red Devil on August 26, 2008, 02:52:38 PM
All 3 relics are originally set to 8000 health.  What do you recommend?  16000?

Mission 4 it was and i guess for mission 5 also have about 2 million health.  :evil:

GENERAL MANSON*

The mission survivor is not playable. I am done testing this mod until next update.

Red Devil

Fixed that.

I'm currently splitting the AIP out into the 5 basic ones, varying the weapons handed out to the AI in each one, with the stronger ones being handed out the bigger your base/forces are.  Some are just insanely strong though, so I'll save them for something special.   :evil:
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Also another thing i forgot to add for the uler gts. They shake randomly many times or most of the time and do not fire at enemy units.

TheJamsh

i had that when i added them in to my stuff as an extra race. the gun towers were behaving quite erratically, most of the time the cannons were just going up and down very rapidly.

it was bleeding frustrating, but i think its a model problem, something to do with leverage perhaps?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I just noticed that when I tried an SP mission.  They don't do it in IA or MP, so it's probably different ODF's used.  I'll check them now.
What box???

TheJamsh

it happened to me in IA. also, the uler didnt support DXT textures properly, i ended up with a lot of transparent segments in buildings which looked very ugly.

i MAY have been in the editor version at the time, but i cant remember now

mrtwosheds

Quotethe gun towers were behaving quite erratically, most of the time the cannons were just going up and down very rapidly.
This is usually caused by either an incorrectly placed hp_eyepoint or incorrect turreting, If it can't see, it can't aim.

TheJamsh

someone mentioned something about the HP_eyepoint... removing the eyepoint turret from the ODF did nothing.

Red Devil

I replaced that GT with one of the newer ones and they work fine now.
What box???

TheJamsh

mrtwosheds

Quoteremoving the eyepoint turret from the ODF did nothing.
! can't have done nothing, either it needs it or it doesn't.
If the eyepoint is parented off the turret_x it does not need a turret def in the odf.
If it is parented off the turret_y it will need a turret def in the odf.
If it is not parented of of either turret it is not going to work.
If you parent it off of turret_x and define it as a turret in the odf it double turrets and you wind up looking backwards upsidedown instead of up...

Red Devil

The one it's using now doesn't have an eyepoint, but there's other things in there, so I'm not sure what did the trick.  I'll go try adding it.
What box???

Red Devil

Yep, that made it go kerflooey.
What box???