• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Magazine - Issue #5 - RELEASED!

Started by lucky_foot, August 20, 2008, 06:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

After a long wait, Issue #5 of the BZmagazine is now available to all the BZ fanatics of the internet. Featuring a brand new interveiw with First Artist on Battlezone 1 and Lead Art Designer on Battlezone II...Carey Chico!!

Are you scared? You should be as Feared_1 has created a Exlusive DM map for the BZMagazine where you can fight your opponets on the cliffs and valleys of Rock Canyon. A copy of the map is in their for all those 1.2ers AND 1.3ers!

Other things include an Avatar Tutorial and more!

Download Issue:

http://www.jtworld.net/bzmag/bzissue5.pdf

Issue WITH goodie Bag:

http://www.jtworld.net/bzmag/zips/BZmagissue5.zip

ENJOY!!
Jonathan S.

Steeveeo

Eh, you forgot to update the Mod Tracker from last issue, IIRC its the exact same news.

Nice to see that one of my art pieces (that I finished from JS :P) got on the BZComplex ad, though.

EDIT: I also don't see Avatar's scriptor lesson, is it in the goodie bag?

Overall, to be critical, this isnt the best work I've seen, seems rather thrown together...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

lucky_foot

1. That's the last news I received when I made a call for news.

2. Nothing is different from the previous issues except no story or pictures (no provided)

3. Page 10 is Avatar's scripting lesson and the .bzs file is in the bz2 folder of the goodie bag.

I appreciate your critique, though to me it all looks like the previous issues. The problem maybe that in comparison there isn't as much as the previous. I never got a lot of content.
Jonathan S.

Feared_1

Quote from: Steeveeo on August 20, 2008, 08:30:55 AM
Eh, you forgot to update the Mod Tracker from last issue, IIRC its the exact same news.

Overall, to be critical, this isnt the best work I've seen, seems rather thrown together...

People are so picky. :P

I found this one to be much more useful. The scriptor lesson thing is very nice. I also like how it includes a short summary of a 4-hour vet game. :)

bigbadbogie

Yay. My mod was mentioned!!!

Thanks JS... smashing read!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Oh thats why, my Dad's comp didnt download the entire thing but displayed it anyway.

Anyway, I remember telling you that my mod is currently in progress to the 2.35.PB4a release.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

GENERAL MANSON*

Just printed it and copied it to my key for a backup :).

lucky_foot

Quote from: Steeveeo on August 20, 2008, 08:01:46 PM
Oh thats why, my Dad's comp didnt download the entire thing but displayed it anyway.

Anyway, I remember telling you that my mod is currently in progress to the 2.35.PB4a release.

It's probably my fault that it isn't up to date, mod tracking is one of the harder things to do as so much continues to change. :)

Sorry about that. The new process is that I'm going to request mod updates a week before release to keep things up to date.
Jonathan S.