• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

will we resume testing for pb4a?

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, August 20, 2008, 08:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

Concerning the lag 4 player bug or wait a month? If its around september 20th i may or not be able to test because i may qualify to enter the NG/Army after meps.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

And I have a feature request I really hope to get added and soon. (I got factories info F slots, but their base slot base code doesn't let me move them to other slots, though I can stack them via placing in same group. Just need an override to let the thing be movable. :roll:)

That and the water fog bug is VERY irritating. The lag out seemed to be mostly chat spam when I play 4 team FFA SRV tests, but one player does sometimes actually get dropped (after lags of 5 to 10 seconds are displayed and no warpieness occurs in game).

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Usuaully when one gets dropped, all the clients get dropped. Sometimes not at the same time, but often soon following eachother.

Commando

GSH just finished working 12 hour days 6 days a week plus having to work Sundays too.  On top of that, he worked on bz2.  I'm sure he started his vacation.  We  probably won't hear much from GSH until he returns.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

Who doesn't love bz2?

*pulls curtian over bz1 players*

^.^

General BlackDragon

Okay, I just tried to play a mpi circle game

2 hours long

about 20 times every client was dropped out. I'll upload a log?

Steeveeo

Quote from: General BlackDragon on August 21, 2008, 07:59:55 PM
Okay, I just tried to play a mpi circle game

2 hours long

about 20 times every client was dropped out. I'll upload a log?
Go ahead.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Axeminister

Commando has already identified the problem with that map. And said to play with three people or less on mpi, avoid Circle.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GreenHeart

Actually every time i see the lag out issue occur is when one of the players is firing mortars.  I noticed the game went smooth when i removed all the mortar weapons from the factory's control panel.  It seemed like the last few games i've hosted were going well until i seen a player or myself fire a mortar at the enemy.  I'm not sure if this is infact the cause of the lag out but it sure seems like it.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Steeveeo

I got Archer spammed on Crystal Castles (map also had a lot of unbuildable green squares (ground reports green, builder says red) in the base areas when I played), and I couldnt even get into a vehicle because my game got half-locked and so warpy that every 5 seconds I'd either be dead and respawning (not falling), or on the ground dieing, or once even somewhere completely different for a second, then warped back. Mortar fire seems to cause MAJOR resync issues, but oddly enough, my LRM towers (which fire 10-15 "missiles" that use the grenade class) do not lag at all unless your computer sucks. I think there may be something wrong with the AttachProcess (my LRMs use SupportProcess), I havent noticed any lag when players fire mortars themselves.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.