• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I'm bored

Started by Raven, August 24, 2008, 05:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Vista needs a minimum DX8 level video card to run 'well', if it is choppy and you are running Aero, no doubt you need to update your graphics to something this century, if you are not running Aero, then the rest of the pc needs to be updated.  If BZ2 will not run in XP, just make sure you have a video card from this century, make sure to get drivers that are about 1 to 2 years old, and make sure DirectX is updated.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Raven

Hey Jonathan :)

3.0ghz Dualcore
2gb ram
256mb graphics card

Runs fine in Vista though its a bit choppy and mipmaps etc are fried (horrible interfaces), but XP 'can't start hardware accelerated DX8 or better' but runs every other game I've got.
Aero and all the shiney garbage isn't a problem for it.
Its just dodgey drivers I'm guessing. Its a pretty cruddy card if I'm honest (HD 2400 pro) Vista actually runs better than XP does at the moment, but thats partly my fault ;)
All will be well (hopefully) when I've got a half-decent PSU that can handle the 9600 gt.

Emails sent to me to '@ravenmod.com' will bounce as I no longer own it.
I've not checked the hotmail.co.uk (bz2raven(at)hotmail.co.uk) for a veeery long time. Aaaand yes I couldn't test HE as bz2 wouldn't fricking run :P

EDIT:
Just updated drivers, mipmaps on 1.2 are now perfectly smooth. So its just 1.3's gameprefs. Thats unusual, you normally have to rol lBACK drivers for things to start working again.

Nielk1

I like that second one. Might get you a work cue some time :wink:

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

I am still using some rather ancient Radeon drivers since the new ones remove support for DX6 (which is what BZ2 uses).  Might try even older ones, I think mine were 7.08 or so...

TheJamsh

didnt GSH bump the DX version up to 7 or 8 with the PB patches? im pretty sure he did

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

hey raven, hit me up on msn :D

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

OvermindDL1

No.  BZ2's Sound was bumped up to DX8, but the graphics still require DX6.

VSMIT

So are the graphics going to be bumped up at all?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

OvermindDL1

No.  They cannot be updated as easily as the sound system could.  The rendering sybsystem is integrated into near all parts of the engine, thus updating it would involve rewriting a good portion of BZ2, certainly not something a single person can do in his spare time in any kind of reasonable time scheme.

Raven

GSH

1.3 uses DirectInput8 and DirectSound8 for input (keyboard, joystick, gamepads, etc) and sound, respectively. Still uses Direct3D 6 for graphics.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

okey spoke. what a nightmare lol