• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fed Up

Started by CmptrWz, August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmptrWz

Current donation counts put things at $325/312.71. Add in some for Overmind's not-quite-a-donation donation and we are up to $355/342.71.

The wiki will most likely not go up today, though. That is a tad more complicated than just hitting a couple of links.

shane ward

Wow.. What a great support from everyone, I am sure CmptrWz did not expect this kind of response. Don't spend the money all at once ;)

Like I said, I will give more by the end of the week and also hope CmptrWz grant me a request, I will PM when the time arrives.

anyway nice to see a great support for this. Well done everyone.

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Feared_1

Every little bit helps, please give a little! See if we can make it to that $500 mark so CmptrWz says WTF.

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 27, 2008, 11:45:20 AM
Every little bit helps, please give a little! See if we can make it to that $500 mark so CmptrWz says WTF.

lol. After my current client 5% of earnigs will go to this site.

TheJamsh

ill do my best, i only just strayed onto this topic and im sorry for youre troubles CmptrWz. i remember playing against a prat known as play_isdf. and it ruined my game.

unfortunately, i still dont even know how to ban certain addresses but ill learn.

if i hadnt washed my latest pay cheque id donate a few for you. i dont know how paypal works but it would be in GBP from this end, maybe it will convert it when it sends it to you?

if i can persuade my lousy boss to re-write those cheques instead of stick them on next months, ill donate.

also, i didnt expect this kind of fast response from the community. its nice to know youre all as keen as i am to keep the site alive. thanks =]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

oh an CmptrWz, join me in a game at some point.

Red Devil

You can ban IP's  by adding enties to LocalPrefs.ini or LocalPrefs_bzone.ini:

// Bans for specified addresses. To use these, you must fill in the
// address (replacing the "aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/eee"), and uncomment it
// (remove the // from the start of it). No support is currently
// present for unbanning while BZ2 is running. Items in the following
// list may be commented out; subsequent items will be read. More IPs
// may be bannable that there are lines here; the exact number is
// undisclosed.
//
// The /eee component is a netmask of how many bits of the first part
// are checked. If it is 32 (default), the IP must match exactly. If
// it is 24, it is as if the 'ddd' component was wildcarded -- some
// would write 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/24' as 'aaa.bbb.ccc.*'. If the netmask
// is 0 (not recommended), it'll block every IP (not recommended).

BanIP1 = "###.###.###.###/32"
BanIP2 = "###.##.###.###/32"
What box???

TheJamsh

it finding the IP thats the problem for me. i have one banned one in there already because he was pratting about. and i have no hesitation mentioning him here since he was banned from these forums. (so he told me, with a sense of pride on his face. what IS IT with some people?!?!)

SeanTheGreat. how ironic

bigbadbogie

Sorry CmptrWz, but my card was only a withdrawl card and isn't compatible with paypal.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Raven

Don't f**king start on that guy. We have a history and most other people know him a little too well.

Funnily enough he is just under a year younger than me I think, it seems he still hasn't grown up and that I still retain over 10 years more maturity.

TheJamsh

I thought you were sticking up for him then, until i re-read. i wont go on, but evem GSH added him a a slashed out ban to the gameprefs.ini file in PB4.

i didnt let him test out my starship recycler variant. apparently he tested SRV etc, but like my mod i wanted to complete it on my own. i think i share that with BBB.

then of course, he starts tearing my stuff apart. i give him a modified sabre and he starts taking me out. at the time i was a bit of a noobist as well, so wasnt happy. after that i decided to stay away from those hostile MP games. but if anyone wants a friendly one, join me when i can be bothered to host.

Raven

There aren't words to dsecribe him. Simple as that.

Zero Angel

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 27, 2008, 03:52:09 PM
Sorry CmptrWz, but my card was only a withdrawl card and isn't compatible with paypal.
You can use your bank to deposit money into paypal, I think -- even if you only have a debit card. But you have to speak to your bank about it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Sonic

Having a Paypal account linked to your bank account is nice. Not only can you send money, but you can also recieve money.

At any rate, I joined the club, sent ya some money CmptrWz.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

General BlackDragon

yay! What are we at now?

PS: Hi sonic! havnt seen u on msn in a while :(

*****General BlackDragon*****