• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

new unit voices needed. apply within!

Started by TheJamsh, August 31, 2008, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

ladies and gents...

I need some unit voices for all these new units that will be in my mod. dont get excited, its not due for release for ages, is still in early assets, but im doing things one stage at a time, so i figure its best to get base assets sorted and balanced first.

I need them as high quality as you can get, so they sound like the originals. At the moment if we can just stick with ISDF type voices thatd save me from keeping hundreds of files i wont use for a while on my compy.

I havent made any ideas so youve got free run on what they should say. Please make complete voices for a unit, ive listed below the voices i will need for a unit. (No Grizzly type stuff please, feel free too add in the static sounds as well)

Thankyou!

SelectOtherMsg - Voice Over command for when you select the unit and it is doing something...other...
SelectWaitMsg - VO Command for when you select the unit and it is doing nothing.
SelectGoMsg - VO for when you select unit and it is en' route.
SelectFollowMsg - VO for when you select unit and it is Following something, I belive this counts for following you too.
SelectAttackMsg - VO for when you select unit while its attacking.
SelectPickupMsg - Never used before, probably a VO for when you select it and its en' route to picking you up.
SelectDropoffMsg - VO for when you select a unit thats going through DropOff...Dropoff is considering by very few units, examples would be when an APC is en route to dropping off Soldiers or when a Bomber is moving to drop its payload. (Not Bomber can't use it)
SelectDeployMsg - VO for when you select a unit while its deploying.
SelectUser1Msg - VO for when you select a unit doing a special task. (Like Servicing or Building, ect.)
SelectUser2Msg - VO for a Second situation like User1.
OtherMsg - VO for when unit does...other...
Gomsg - VO for when unit goes somewhere.
GoObjectMsg - VO for when unit is told to go to an object. (Dunno if this works since usually when they go to an object they either follow or defend...could be a CMD_DEFEND VO though)
FollowMsg - VO for when a unit is told to follow and object. (Usually vecs, buildings use Defend rather than Follow)
FollowMeMsg - VO for when a unit is told to follow you.
RepairMsg - VO for when unit is told to repair...no way to initiate command as far as I know.
ReloadMsg - same for Repair but for ammo. No way to activate aside from DLL, but could produce unknown effects since the command asks the AI to tell the Armory to give it Ammo or Health (depending on command) dunno if it will still work if the Armory can't even build it in the first place.
RescueMsg - VO for when unit is told to pick you up.
RecycleMsg - VO for when unit is told to Recycle.
HoldMsg - VO for when unit is told to Hold Position.
User1Msg - VO for special actions. (Like Servicing a unit)
User2Msg - VO for a second special action.
DeploedMsg - VO for when unit is finished deploying. (Turret Deployed! For BZ1. )
PackedMsg - VO for when Recycler is done undeploying. Obviously impossible in BZ2 now...although its possible it could work on turrets and such as a VO for when it is finished undeploying...never tried it.
KilledMsg - VO played when unit kills a target given to it when told to through MODE_ATTACK. (player telling it to)
DiedMsg - Old BZ1 VO where it would play a VO when unit died. Used for Betty VOs which BZ2 does by other configuration ODFs, never worked in BZ2.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

Warfreak

Guess ill do the voiceovers for your scavs  :-D

General BlackDragon

lol

I can be some very grumpy emo commander guy that you never see :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

PM me a list of exactly what you want.. accent and everything, and i'll do it.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Since Jamsh's Mod has the AAN, and Post FE that is all of the UN, the units would likely be specialized to certain nationalities, and hence, many accents.

Jamsh, you need to get the units worked out first.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

the units aint specialized, its just an expanded ISDF race. it may not even be the AAN yet.

all i want to know is if people will do them for me thats all. dont have to be done right now

BNG Da BZ Fool

I could try some too. Just got a new audio FX editor that I would like to give a whirl with. I'll do them and upload to filefront if your interested TJ. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

thanks guys. anymore people to volunteer will be appreciated.

atm i know ill need extra ISDF voices and Scion voices.

AHadley

Yeah, I'll volunteer. It'd be easier to tell me what to do through MSN, though.

TheJamsh

oh cool! forgot about this topic =]

ive got the AAN unit list finalized, ill be asking soon if thats cool!

AHadley

Zero Angel

Just out of curiousity, do any of your units burn things? I have these VO's...
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

the troopers do, and yeh i got those voices too :)