• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 3

Started by Axeminister, September 01, 2008, 11:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

there is some discussion going on at Pandemic Studios forums. Thought I'd bring it to your attention.

http://www.pandemicstudios.com/community/viewtopic.php?pid=200757
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Interesting, but it's probably just another topic started by another die hard.

Axeminister

ya it is feared_1 but I thought I'd let everyone know it was there. I didn't even know pandemic studios had a forum until today.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

probably... ui recently posted on the bz2md forums about this

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

I, honestly, am not sure I would trust Pandemic to do a BZ3 anyway, especially considering who their owners are and the fact they have not made a PC game in some time now (all console stuff now).  I would be most expecting an Indie group to make it (like BSer, but he is busy with something else anyway) most as it is truly wanted to be made anyway...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

It will be years till I could do it. I am struggling already with a game of my own design. Still on step 2 of 10000, step one consisting of like 1000 steps itself avoided by the fact I chose to use Ogre3D.

Click on the image...

Pandemic does seem to have gone over to the dark side of gaming...  consoles are a bit more marketable though nowadays...

I think something like a 'Battlezone 3' will come out of modding some other game engine before an Indy group manages to come up with a fully reallized game...   then again the Indie guys are MUCH more driven than any big game company, can work from love of the game rather than pocketbook worries, and aren't restricted in any way by an existing engine.   :)

-Av-

Red Devil

What makes a game? 

Engine?  Got that.

Models?  Got them/can make new ones.

Weapons?  Can make new ones.

Environment?  Can make that.

Sounds?  Got them/can make new ones.

Story?  Can make that.

VO's?  Can make them.

So what are we waiting for?

Oh yeah. Time.
What box???

Dianoga4

Red Devil, you forgot one thing that we have as well.........

Heart? Yea, we got that.

We love this game!

Dia

Feared_1

Quote from: Red Devil on September 02, 2008, 12:54:52 PM
What makes a game? 

Engine?  Got that.

Models?  Got them/can make new ones.

Weapons?  Can make new ones.

Environment?  Can make that.

Sounds?  Got them/can make new ones.

Story?  Can make that.

VO's?  Can make them.

So what are we waiting for?

Oh yeah. Time.

You forgot about somehow making it so that people who get a taste of it are hooked for the rest of their lives.

Quote from: Dianoga4 on September 02, 2008, 07:26:42 PM
Red Devil, you forgot one thing that we have as well.........

Heart? Yea, we got that.

We love this game!

Dia

You beat me to it...   tho' I would have said 'love' rather than heart, it works out to the same thing.  The best games are the ones where whoever made it (not published, MADE) loved it, sunk their heart and soul into it, and worked some magic.

I personally can think of only two games that have done that for me, Battlezone and HALO.  They both show a level of vision and committment by the creators that most games can't achieve.

Ticks me off no end that M$ bought HALO, because in order for me to play 2 & 3 I have to get a Vista machine running.

Bleh.

:evil:

And yes, I reallyreallyreally think BZ will never die.  It's just that cool... 

-Av-

CivBase

Could you guys legaly make a BZ3 off of the old BZ2 engin?

Nielk1

Not if we want to sell it or make it stand alone. Besides, the BZ2 engine is too old it is taking an incredible amount of work on the part of GSH (since Ken mainly appears in the shadow of the night to change things unexpectedly) to keep it running thus far.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

You are able to make a lot of game related things, as long as you do not sell it.

Also, Halo was a very different game before Microsoft bought it, and it was done, it was in final Gold stages, so basically they shelved that game and made a different one with the same engine.  Look up the trailer for the original Halo back at E3, no Master Chief, the graphics were notably a little older, etc...  But it was done.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey