• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

assault hover class

Started by TheJamsh, September 05, 2008, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

is it possible for me to lock weapon hp's in an assault hover class that are not connected to the turret?

i want to only have one of the weapons on my new craft turreted, but the rest to lock in a forward position. so far i havent been able to figure it out.

or can i make the other hp's go up and down only not left to right? chars

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

You want the ODF line to turn weapon convergence off.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

will that work?

so far ive tried:

allowWeaponlinking = false
use12Aim = true

mrtwosheds

The AI will not be able to aim one or other of the weapons, only the turreted one would work properly if the eyepoint was on the turret_x or its own turret defined in odf
Humans would also find using the fixed weapon difficult.
This does not matter if the weapon does not need aiming, like mines for example.

Quoteor can i make the other hp's go up and down only not left to right?
On a non turreted vehicle like a scout, yes (but only the hp_)
On a turreted vehicle the AI will not be able to aim.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Is the cnvergence thingy a 1.3 or higher feature? Quite some time back while making an assault tank type I never quite got it to work fully. Did get the turret to rotate okay, but the weapons all remained forward oriented and didn't move with the turret section.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

All convergence does it point weapons toward where the eyepoint is looking.

You likely forgot to parent the turret to the hps BNG.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

I think the convergence setting just sets weather the guns point straight in the direction of the hp_gun, or weather they tow in a bit to make 2 guns hit the same spot.
The eyepoint is needed by the ai to aim, if it does not move with the guns it cannot aim.

There can only be one turret_y
there can be multiple turret_x
The eyepoint can be mounted on its own odf defined turret_x (see dalek eyestalk)

BNG Da BZ Fool

What should I parent them as children or siblings? I read some where that parenting them as siblings is the prefered method, but does it really matter?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

Well, I am unsure. In max I only have parent and child and it might have a different meaning in your editor.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteWhat should I parent them as children or siblings?
eh?
turret_y
          turret_x
                     eyepoint

or
turret_y
          turret_x
          eyepoint (defined in ODF)

TheJamsh

the craft has five weapons

two missiles, two guns. these are mounted to the wings of the craft and ONLY point forwards, and go up and down.

the final weapon is a harpoon, on the REAR FACING turret. the craft uses the assault hover class so that this rear facing turret can be acheived. i want all other weapons to point forwards no matter what position the turret is in, and the general external view to face in the normal direction regardless of turret position.

if i select the weapon on the turret, the view will change so that you see from the rear turrets POV.

this is to give the effect similar to a starwars snowspeeder.

mrtwosheds

It won't work.

( I have never tried multiple eyepoints, maybe possible with dll support)

BNG Da BZ Fool

Does the eye point defined in the ODF have to be added as an extra entry? I didn't notice this in the stock ISDF assault tank or is this an addon in 1.3 and above? Never really though about it much, but 1.3 has quite few additions that 1.2 doesn't support like hover assault tanks. Sorry, but I got lost after 1.3 and above started introducing all these cool new features; guess I'm still stuck in 1.2 stuff and really need to read the change logs for the newer BZII versions. BNG.

Nielk1

convergence
c o n v e r g e n c e

For crying out load. It TURNS the weapons AT the EYEPOINT.
TURN IT OFF.

I know its called CONVERGENCE and the ODF line has the word CONVERGE in it.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

[CraftClass]
WeaponsConverge = true

i did it and it didnt work. the gun hardpoint that is fixed to the craft body and NOT the turret still pointed in the same direction as the turret