• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Skill Settings

Started by shane ward, September 07, 2008, 01:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Can someone tell me what the skill settings on the units do, I mean when you add a unit into the game through the editor, there are skill settings you can add to the units, also this can be edited with the dll scriptor.

When I use this, I don't notice anything. What is it used for.

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Nielk1

I remember the ability to set attributes depending on AI Level in the ODF, or something. I think in 1.2 AI lv 3 turrets could really be a hassle, or maybe that was 1.3.

Click on the image...

I'd like to know exactly what the code does based on skill level also, as all I have are a general feel of what's affected.

Generally, the higher the skill the better the chance of hitting on the first shots, the quicker the response to an enemy, and the greater the accuracy when tracking a target.  I'd love to see the percentages, though...

-Av-

Feared_1

I remember reading somewhere skill levels make them aim better and not retreat. A level 0 scout, when hit, would do a little dance, turn around, and start shooting you again. A level 3 scouts would continue firing until you killed it. That's what I read... whether that's still the case for 1.3 I don't know.

Red Devil

The settings affected are all in the CL for PB3.
What box???

Zero Angel

The dancing affected even Lv.3 scouts prior to PB4a. Luckily it's been fixed (or at least tweakable).
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression