• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

can i use custom betty sounds for individual units?

Started by TheJamsh, September 07, 2008, 06:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

ive just used a TTS to make about a hundred different betty sounds (dont ask why)

but when my recycler unit is lost, i dont want a "unit lost" (aka abetty1.wav) to play, i want "Recycler Destroyed" to play.

ive tried using DiedMsg = "avrecydied.wav" but it still plays the "unit lost" sound. is it because i have 'abetty1.wav' in the aevent.odf file?

EDIT: no it isnt to do with the aevent file, i tried removing abetty1.wav and instead nothing happened

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

no apparently it doesnt :(

thats a shame, i made one for each building and the recycler unit haha... although that would probabaly get on youre nerves.

oh well, i guess i can use them in the SP campaign...

Red Devil

I tried it in the Editor and when the ISDF Recycler dies, ISDF Betty says, "Structure...Lost".

When I kill the ISDF Recycler vehicle, Scion Betty always says, "Scion...Lost".

ievent hast this:

EVENT_SOUND_14 = "abetty14.wav"   // lost a generic building

localize.odf has this:

// lost a generic building
EVENT_SOUND_ISDF_14 = "abetty14.wav"
EVENT_SOUND_SCION_14 = "sbetty14.wav"
EVENT_MESSAGE_14 = "%s%s %s destroyed"

So that makes me think that a Recycler vehicle inst a generic vehicle and that the default sound for losing a craft (as when a Scion Gun Spire is killed) is sbetty1.wav.

I can't find the .wav file that plays, "Structure..Lost", so I think that is a default, too.

What box???

TheJamsh

the editor completely screws that up. i use the main game for this