• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Recall Mine (Want some ideas for options)

Started by Nielk1, September 09, 2008, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Click the image to see the video.

[RecallMineClass]
isRecallMine = false // must be true for DLL to watch for this

teleIn = "" // Effect ODF spawned
teleOut = ""
teleFail = "" // Effect at enterence on fail, follows teleInAtMine
teleInAtMine = false // place the effect at the mine instead of at the owner

chanceOfExplosion = 0.0
chanceOfEnterExplosion = 0.0
chanceOfFullFail = 0.0
chanceOfBadDamage = 0.0 // hull and ammo at 1
chanceOfRuinedShip = 0.0 // max hull and max ammo at 1

exitExplosionSound = "" // played in 2D if user is player
enterExplosionSound = "" // blank works the way the DLL is written (no silence.wav)
failSound = "" // "Teleport Failed"
badDamageSound = ""
ruinedShipSound = ""

multiplyVelocity =  1.0, 1.0, 1.0 // x,y,z
addVelocity = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 // done after multiplyVelocity

keepHeight = false // not stupid enough to put one underground, but does not consider ground otherwise
randomHeading = false

minRadius = 0.0 // variable landing area
maxRadius = 0.0 // variable landing area

Plan to add:
HeightVarianceLow = 0.0 // not sure how to use this with keepHeight, 0.0s = ignore
HeightVarianceHigh = 0.0 //Randomized value between these two on just how high up you will come out of the warp.
MinRange = 0.0
MaxRange = 0.0 // 0 forces ignore, negatives forced positive

Jammer Mine and structure to prevent use of this weapon.

Click on the image...

chanceOfExplosion = .10  //10% chance unit will explode upon exit of teleportation cycle.

:evil:

-Av-

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Red Devil

chanceOfBeingTeleportedToEnemyBase

chanceOfBeingChangedIntoAJak

chanceOfBecomingInert

chanceOfBecomingShipless

What box???

VSMIT

Chance of not coming out of the wormhole = ...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Steeveeo

HeightVarianceLow = <float>
HeightVarianceHigh = <float> //Randomized value between these two on just how high up you will come out of the warp.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

CmptrWz

chancePullNearby = <float> // Chance of pulling in other nearby units, friendly or enemy, to teleport with you
rangePullNearby = <float> // Max distance to pull in nearby units from
maxPullNearby = <int> // Max number of nearby units to pull in

chanceReverseNearby = <float> // Chance of pulling units near the exit through to where you teleported from
rangeReverseNearby = <float> // Max distance to pull nearby units from
maxReverseNearby = <int> // Max number of nearby units to pull in

chanceOfExplosionMultiplier = <float> // Multiplier for each each additional ship pulled in for the above, applied to chanceOfExplosion and chanceOfEnterExplosion (perhaps based on directions ships are pulled)

Nielk1

I'd love to pull in additional vehicles but the best I can do is pull the closest vehicle as well, unless GSH adds a new DLL function.

I will mantis for one tomorrow (as he told me to do so for any DLL functions and if they are doable easily, he will).

Click on the image...

CmptrWz

Good point, I think. Could have sworn I could get all the units in an area the last time I played with DLLs, but I could be thinking of the wrong engine.

You could always adjust it for grabbing the nearest vehicle instead. Pulling in more than one extra might be a little odd anyway, and pulling anything but the closest would probably look wrong too.

Nielk1

If I could I would make the 2nd mine never appear as it technically doesn't exist, the weapon teleports you instead of placing a 2nd mine (by description, not reality). I would grab units from near the player. OH, note to self, spawn the teleport effect at user's coordinates instead of those of the mine.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Just make it so that it teleports you, the unit closest to you, and the unit closest to that unit. As many times as you like.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

The unit closest to the unit closest to me is me.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Not after you have already teleported.

It happens in a micro-second; Gets the closest unit to you, then teleports you, gets the closest unit to the first one, and then teleports the first one... and so on.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

No, I think this is a weapon...  not intended to teleport the user.  I can't watch the video from work and with Nielk1 you never know... :evil:

And you can get a count of how many of a unit are within a radius but I don't think you can get their positions...  I'm a DLL newb so I could be wrong...

-Av-

Axeminister

In G66 and Xmod there is a missle called the harpoon that can lasso units and pull them to "somewhere". I never learned to use it proficiantly, but if you're talking about dragging units into something why can't you do it with the harpoon.
Anyway I like it the way it is on the video, you could lay one at a safe place then venture off and get a target in a hot zone and zip out before enemies destroy your ship. Or drop one on top of your bomber and right when it's over their base you could drop out of the sky with your super sabre and any other friendlies you can drag through the portal with you. lol
There is no knowledge that is not power.