• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Video glitching...Geforce 8 series

Started by SteveLord, September 14, 2008, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveLord

I can't seem to fix this. Happens on both my computer and my brother's. After playing a game for about 20-30minutes, all of the sudden we will have these glitches where the entire screen minus a few of the tank models will turn light blue or light yellow and then the game becomes extremely choppy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Q6600 @ 3ghz
4gigs of RAM
GF 8800GT SuperClocked
Windows XP pro

Tried the following with no difference:

-Set to Win98/ME compatibility mode
-Dropped all details to low
-Rolled back to older video drivers

I would really like to enjoy this game since the MPI/coop mode had been implemented. Really sucks.

***EDIT*** I just noticed there is a Public Beta 4. We had been using 3. We will try this to see if it helps.

There's also a known issue with the latest GeForce drivers, along the lines of a memory leak that drags the game to a halt after playing for awhile...  search for it on these boards and there's a link to older, proven drivers.

-Av-

Dianoga4

I have a 8500GT on one of my computers and haven't seen any issues with it yet. It's running the latest drivers as well.

Dia

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

SteveLord

Quote from: Steeveeo on September 14, 2008, 08:24:19 PM
Please Read the Stickies.

I don't remember the stickies being there until after had registered and posted.

-Trying even older drivers can cause issues with any other games my brother and I play. Eh.....I'll hold off on that as long as I can. Also, the original post mentions it, but was never updated to include any links to some...saving others time from digging through pages upon pages of posts.

-I've tried setting EVERYTHING to lowest possible details with no difference. I'll try just SKY this time.

Feared_1

Battlezone II is an old game. If setting sky detail to none doesn't work for you, I'm thinking the best way to get your video card to work with it would be to look for older drivers.

Try:

Quote from: Total Oblivion OmnisI recommend going into your video card settings and set a custom profile for BZII. Disable features one by one until the problem is fixed (hopefully). That's the best I can recommend.

GreenHeart

I have two nvidia 8800 GTX 768mb video cards (SLI) & i'm using drive version 163.75.  I'm not encountering any problems with the sky unless i use a newer driver version.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

SteveLord

Putting SKY to none seemed to do it. Created some flashing, but that was fixed when I dropped LIGHTS also.

TheJamsh

see my post about links to older nVidia drivers. every driver every made is on there, so you can download them easily. i would get someone to sticky it seeing as about 150 people have used them now...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Ego - Nikolas

i got gf9800gtx+ and bz2 working wery nice i try originals betas and newest ones,all are working nice on my graphics.
Im starting to consider thatsnot got somthing to do with graphics, maybe is sse mmx or cpu it self.

Guys try direct x, thats updated one.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=90&p=&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f1%2f7%2f1%2f1718ccc4-6315-4d8e-9543-8e28a4e18c4c%2fdxwebsetup.exe

OvermindDL1

But you see, that is the problem, the latest DX and Video card drivers cut out DX6 and earlier support, and guess what BZ2 uses...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

bigbadbogie

And guess what Bz2 hopefully wont use for long, if pb5 is made (fat chance).
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

Not a chance, rewriting the video system probably involves rewriting a good large chunk of the game.  There could always be a PB5 (or a final), but there will not be a video system updating, that basically involves needing a new engine.

If only it was written using OpenGL instead, then it would be both forward and backward compatable.  :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Angstromicus

The GTX 280 has had no such problem with 177.83 drivers on my side. Although, it's windows vista 64 bit (which is odd, since it's Vista 64 Bit and NOT having problems  :?).

Edit: Ah yes, Geforce 8 series... 8, 9, and 200 series use same drivers, no?