• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 2 question

Started by foxtrot, September 10, 2008, 03:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxtrot

Which files do i use to mod and patch battlezone 2 im confused which ones to use.

bigbadbogie

I understood those words individually.

When strung together they seem to lose all meaning.

What the hell are you talking about?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Axeminister

You want to install the patch 1.3pb4a. It has new recycler variants with new ships, abilities, defensive towers and much more. That covers the patch. Now about modding, patch 1.3pb4a makes modding easier. I'm pretty sure you can get the editor from www.bzscrap.com
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Steeveeo

You can modify any file, just as long as you pak it up when done and make a proper config file for it (ask around about how this is done).

Also, if you want to add custom recycler variants and new AIPS to the multiplayer menus, look over how the Autoreg files are setup (in Addon/Autoreg), then create your own and follow the format.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on September 10, 2008, 04:33:51 AM
I understood those words individually.

When strung together they seem to lose all meaning.

What the hell are you talking about?

Well THAT was helpful. :| Read slower?

To PATCH Battlezone II to the most recent version (1.3PB4a, as already mentioned), click HERE.

To MODIFY Battlezone II is a completely different thing. I suggest you start with map making. When you get 1.3, load up BZ2Edit.exe (in the Battlezone II folder), start an Instant Action game, press CTRL + E when you get in, press I Accept at the next screen, and poke around in the editor a while and learn the features.

Making objects and AIPs are quite a bit more difficult. I would wait until you're pretty sure you actually want to learn those and after you get into modding a bit more before you start digging that hole.

anomaly

Or do you mean how to install mods other people have made?

Mods usually come with an installer that does everything for you.