• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

virus/spyware i cant seem to find the scource of... help anyone

Started by TheJamsh, September 16, 2008, 12:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Norton is known to suck ass, be intrusive, let things through and bog down your system. As for PAYING for a corporate edition when you can get a free antivirus thats 10x better... Yeah, I'll save my money.

Steeveeo

Quote from: VSMIT on September 20, 2008, 01:45:54 PM
Common Sense 2008 is obsolete now!  2009 was released a couple of months ago.
Too bad most people dont even have a single version of Common Sence Basic :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Raven

Quote from: Steeveeo on September 20, 2008, 03:47:03 PM
Too bad most people dont even have a single version of Common Sence Basic :P
Couldn't have put it better :)

TheJamsh

well ive just completely restored my system to as it came from the factory, switched to firefox as default browser, installed all vista updates and bought Kaspersky 2009.

Kaspersky good is it?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Raven

Why do pepole still BUY antivirus' these days >_<
I've heared its ok

TheJamsh

Quote from: Raven on September 21, 2008, 12:55:29 PM
Why do pepole still BUY antivirus' these days >_<

1) because many people like myself share a computer with 5 other people who dont know much about how they work, and find it easier

2) because its a pain in the ass getting windows automated popups constantly

3) because im not as computer smart as many on this forum and have no idea how to preent them otherwise...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Raven

Eh?
All you do is google AVG/Nod32 or something, download an install it in much the same way. Its even easier as theres no registration bullcrap. Nobody else needs to play a part in it. AVG for example self updates and if you really want it to self scans when you tell it to. As does Nod32 as far as I am aware.
I just wouldn't waste my money but if you have money to just use then do whatever floats your boat.

Windows automated popups?