• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Blender, bad news, and new map

Started by Dataanti, September 25, 2008, 09:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataanti

Does any1 know about a blender addon that lets u import .xsi files cause i need 1 and for my Halo mod... :( i lost every thing for it when i formatted my drive cause my pc got messed up bad so i have to cancel it :(. BUT I MADE A NEW MAP!!! :D so try it out

http://dodownload.filefront.com/11884536//e568f95ac2246d2fa270188cdc380292f36db78160903bf816b97c854b868fd8185a2e9acd263751

note: it would be a good idea to delete the old maps that I made if u still hav them to get rid of that message at start of game saying there is copys of files, and also install to ur BZ2 root folder

Hav fun and please giv feed back on my new map its called sand box and its NOT the sand box from G66 cause some 1 told me there was a G66 map called sand box. Its a ST map with 8 pools and its pretty big

bigbadbogie

I don't think that there is an xsi importer for blender, you will have to use 3Dex.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

There is an XSI importer, it just imports the newer better versions.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

Yeh doenst import the older BZ2 XSI's unfortunately... and i found out nothing that was previously exported using OM's exporter either, cos hes crafty :P

Best way to do it ive found, is to use 3D ex, export as a lightwave type file, then import it into blender, or whatever other program. 3D ex can open up the old XSI's, but they sometimes get screwed up and you have to re-arrange parts and re-do the heirachy in blender. just the way it is...

TBH, i used blender for a while to make BZ2 objects, but i ended up getting models with SOO many poly's. i really would suggest using 3Ds max or something for BZ2, it may not be as powerful or anywhere near as 'good' but its fairly easy to use.

theres even a tutorial by avatar that will let you make a model nice and quickly!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

Why would you get things with lots of Polys.  B3D was designed for game use and creates wonderfully low poly objects, especially since you model most things in it at the vertex level.  3ds Max and such were designed for high-poly objects, so it really seems you have that backwards. :P

Although either can do both, they were designed for different purposes.

Dianoga4

Yea I was going to say the same thing as well pretty much. I was wondering why you would get soo many polys as well in Blender. I don't seem to have that problem and I make all my models in Blender. If you have too many polys......get rid of some.

Dia

OvermindDL1

Black Manatee is almost creating models with too few polys over on MAD (he uses B3D for note). :P
They look quite excellent though, he does a truly great job.

TheJamsh

oh lol.

shows how out of touch i am with modelling... :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dianoga4

OvermindDL1

Dataanti

Dianoga4

Yea that does look pretty cool.

Dia