• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Large Hadron Collider, In france

Started by shane ward, September 06, 2008, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

I thought the Milky Way's black hole was bigger then Andromoda's, might have been the other way, do not really remember.  I do remember that these two are the largest of our local cluster though...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

TheJamsh

The point is, by the time that happens, the human race will have blown itself apart anyway, so we'll be fine lol.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

I think that will happen long before our galaxies collide.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

(Let's see who gets this TV show reference) Earth is just a standard type 13 planet that will probably just annihilate itself upon the discovery of the weight of the higgs-boson particle. :P

Seriously though, if humanity does not kill itself, then it will probably end up going in some way as it does in Isaac Asimov's short story The last Question I would think...

bigbadbogie

We are likely going to have a huge outbreak of a seemingly unstoppable disease, which will wipe out most of Asia and Europe, leaving Africa, America and Australia virtually untouched.
Then we will start building huge space stations in orbit which can house hundreds of thousands as they build ships capable of travelling to resource rich planets using what is left of Earth's resources.
Abandoning Earth completely to a new age of barbarism and terror, a fleet of ships will embark on a journey to a potentially life supporting planet 20 lightyears away.
After hundreds of years, the ships will arrive only to find that it was a barren icy world, incapable of supporting life.
What is left of the humans on board will all return to their hibernation pods and wait another 500 years for the ships to arrive at another potentially habitable planet.
Either it will be, and the story of Earth starts all over again, or it wont be and the journey continues.
Meanwhile back at Earth, the inhabitants have now regressed to a new age of mythology, thinking that an ancient calculator is a gift from the gods.

I think I took too many vitamins this morning....
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

What box???

shane ward

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on September 27, 2008, 05:12:09 AM
(Let's see who gets this TV show reference) Earth is just a standard type 13 planet that will probably just annihilate itself upon the discovery of the weight of the higgs-boson particle. :P

Seriously though, if humanity does not kill itself, then it will probably end up going in some way as it does in Isaac Asimov's short story

I's from a tv show THE LEXX, (Very good too, Pitty the canceled it....) Series 4 about earth.

Also, they have closed the project down untill next year, seems there is a coolent leake wich will take a while to fix.... This just makes to trust the bodgy scienists..... grrrrrr

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Nielk1

I remember last time you made that reference OM.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

reminds me of the large magnetic acceleration thingy in Terminator 3

*****General BlackDragon*****

OvermindDL1

Yep, Lexx is right, such an oddball show that I do not actually expect many people to know it. :P

And it is taking so long because they have to heat up a section over a few weeks, repair, then re-cool it down over a few weeks.  A part of it was not strong enough and needs to be enhanced.

Nielk1

Never saw it cause of the phallic looking ship and lewd commercials.

Click on the image...