• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How Do you Take Down ISDF Bomber Playing Scion?

Started by tarquin1048, October 01, 2008, 06:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarquin1048

Ive tried getting inside a gun spire to shoot the bomb as it falls or even try & get the bomber from inside the spire but I have never timed this right & I end up spinning round & round in game over mode!!  :roll:

If it was ISDF V ISDF then hornet rockets is simple answer but playing Scion V ISDF is tough & because I can't take out the bomber it keeps coming back & killing my base?

Do you have to upgrade Archers with a specific weapon upgrade?

Nielk1

Try Poppers. They are SUPPOSED to be anti bomber.

That and get some jammers so the bomber can't be sent without a scout to mark the targets.

Click on the image...

Feared_1

Jammers would be your best bet if you can last that long. :)

Archers with popper is another good idea, but I think Howitzer works too if I remember correctly. I could be wrong.

If all else fails, shoot the bomb before it lands. :P

mrtwosheds

He's going round and round...in one player mode, jammers won't help.
Poppers can shoot bombers, but you need a few of them in the right places and defended by something else that isn't a helpless little archer.
Best idea is to drive a scout, shoot them yourself and send lots of maulers to trash their base.

Feared_1

Bombers are unsnipeable, so if you wanted to go that route you would need like a hundred pilots with infinite ammo shooting sniper at it in order to kill it.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 01, 2008, 06:35:12 PM
Jammers would be your best bet if you can last that long. :)

The CPU Team's aip script doesn't know what jammers are so idle dispatcher will send the bomber to attack & hit your base anyways. 
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

lucky_foot

Jonathan S.

GreenHeart

Quote from: lucky_foot on October 08, 2008, 06:26:58 AM
Wasn't that fixed in 1.3pb4?

well it could be prevented by setting the bomber's odf to have idle dispatcher ignore the bomber & add specific bomber attack plans with exist conditions to check if a jammer exists on the map.

Well i know for a fact that stock13 only uses a bomber for ISDF vs ISDF & only builds a bomber when the conditions have been meet. Infact i added a plan check to stock13 aip set to have the plan wait for the player to build an apc or bomber then it will trigger a counter offensive attack.

Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

hybirdisdf

Yeah,I did snipped at our own bomber.And it went down.Its very hard to shoot it down cuz it is very tiny blue pinhead shape.I watch enemy pilot pass our bomber.He didnt hop in our bomber.Why not?Love to watch our bomber has been hijack,head to destory my base.Hmmm,is there a newer patch allow enemy pilots hop in disable all kind of ships include bomber?

lucky_foot

with 1.3pb4, if it isn't possible, you can make it to become possible. GSH's feature for recycler variants allows all sorts of possibilities. :)
Jonathan S.

Feared_1

Red Devil

Best way to take care of the bomber is to keep them to 2 pools so they can't build a BB and/or build a boatload of Archers to surround and pummel their base.
What box???

hybirdisdf

hybirdisdf

I was wonder can a.i. scion pilot can hijacked our bomber and throw bomb at isdf base or isdf ai pilot only? And where do they keep their bomber after succesful bomb either on service for reload ammo or stay above tech building?Or self destruction after bomb?